#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

Record-Shattering Cold Threatens Crops.

Posted Image
Article

(State College, PA) - A brutally cold surge of arctic air into the eastern half of the United States will easily bring record-low temperatures on Easter morning and could cause significant losses in some of the nation's most prolific agricultural areas.

High pressure building toward the Southeast will bring calm winds and clear skies, which combined with the very cold air mass in place, will allow temperatures in many cities to challenge the coldest lows ever reached during the month of April. The cold will severely tax peach orchards across Georgia, and strawberry orchards throughout the Southeast. Bitter cold will also be felt throughout the wheat-growing areas of the Midwest and central Plains.

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 07 April 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#2 briarberry

briarberry

• Traders-Talk User
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

Atlanta, Georgia - yes it was frosty but only just - not as bad as they forecast that frost earlier in the year in Califonia (frozen oranges + salad vegs) did seem to lead to some food price inflation not sure about this though, probably be ok, not sure but I think - farmers probably haven't planted much yet ?

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:36 AM

:P
Global Warming at its finest. :lol:
:cat:

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

not as bad as they forecast

Same here but cold enough to make my dad right again about that annual Easter freeze. ;)