• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

Mike Burk:
"On average, April has been one of the strongest months of the year, however, next week has been the weakest week of the month with modestly positive returns.
The market is overbought and seasonality does not offer much support."

Maybe the moon chart still has a chance for that low April 9th-10th. B)

Hamzei's comments:
"Good Friday has historically provided an up bias for the market; however next week, we expect some selling as we all need to meet our obligations to Uncle Sam by April 15th."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 April 2007 - 03:57 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

Note that short term oscillators are getting overbought and Thursday's volume was the lowest since Feb.20 (da top)
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p96013126337&r=9072.png
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 QID_trader

QID_trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

I am chomping at the bit to short this pig Monday morning Very high odds that this is the 'B' wave top and the 'C' wave Tsunami down is about to begin :bear:

#4 The End

The End

• Traders-Talk User
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

I certainly would not take Mike Burk as anything. He might have been correct the last three weeks but, I would not be surprised if that was a record. As someone who sold his longs last Thursday, I certainly hope he is correct again. Over the long term, he has been a fade, week in week out.

Edited by The End, 08 April 2007 - 06:38 PM.

NONE of what I type should be taken as financial advice.

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

Very high odds that this is the 'B' wave top and the 'C' wave Tsunami down is about to begin

The current internals of the market do not support this forecast....I would give the odds as being 5%.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

I agree with Fib. (Which is dangerous)

#7 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

I agree with Fib.

(Which is dangerous)

http://www.marketwat.....5F47257C268E}

#8 QID_trader

QID_trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

Very high odds that this is the 'B' wave top and the 'C' wave Tsunami down is about to begin

The current internals of the market do not support this forecast....I would give the odds as being 5%.

Fib

Market internals did not forewarn of the 2/27 Crash. I expect the same this time. You gotta be positioned short before the internals confirm or you miss the next Crash. 2/27 was just the warning shot the next one will be the Tsunami. :bear: :bones:

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

As someone said earlier: There's lot's of bears out there.

GET READY TO RUMBLE! :lol:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 April 2007 - 09:10 PM.

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

Market internals did not forewarn of the 2/27 Crash. I expect the same this time. You gotta be positioned short before the internals confirm or you miss the next Crash. 2/27 was just the warning shot the next one will be the Tsunami.

It's amazing to think that a 5% pullback can be categorized as a "crash".

The internals (as well as cycles) did indeed forecast a pullback was likely for up to 2 weeks prior to the actual 2/27 trigger.

You are currently fighting a losing battle with little or no ammunition.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions