Beware of Blogs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

I notice more and more in the trading/investing world the existence of blogs. Some may be totally innocent but many others have an agenda. Beware. They make call after call and if you happen to been there when they get a few correct, you might buy the "product" they are selling. Some start here and make a little name for themselves then they start a blog and ohhh, you see they have a hedge funds or they manage funds. They want your funds. Just a heads up to newbies don't fall for any blog crap and it's best to stay away.

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

The founder of Traders Talk, Mark Young, manages funds. I manage funds. Many who post here manage funds. Yes, folks ought to be aware of this, for sure, and everyone who comes here needs to do their own due diligence. What else is new?

#3 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:24 AM

for newbies Jnavin. I see some slime out there but I wont' call it by name.

#4 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

for newbies Jnavin. I see some slime out there but I wont' call it by name.

Ah come on Skott, grow up. Yes, you are correct you need to be careful, but that should
be obvious to anyone trading.

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

grow up yourself. be especially wary of those bloggers who don't allow comments or who don't allow comments when their trades go bad.

Edited by skott, 24 April 2007 - 11:50 AM.

#6 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

I"m sick of all the newsletters, money managers, websites, bloggers, whatever who are ready to tout their profits when they make one but they conveniently omit trades when they $h_t all over themselves. yes it's been going on forever but it's the only way I can get back! sorry I have a thing for honesty and hate rip offs

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

and I should have made the topic............ Many have an agenda

#8 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

I"m sick of all the newsletters, money managers, websites, bloggers, whatever who are ready to tout their profits when they make one but they conveniently omit trades when they $h_t all over themselves. yes it's been going on forever but it's the only way I can get back! sorry I have a thing for honesty and hate rip offs

I have a tendency to agree. It's why I prefer Traders-Talk. You can't go back and edit your trades after the fact. "This will go down on your permanent record..." so the song goes.

Anyway, as always, be careful. Yes, there are slime balls out there and they will lie to get your money.

Look for and verify credentials and most importantly, NEVER give anyone a dime of your cash unless they give you a hard street address that you can verify and report to the Better Business Bureau, if not the police.

btw: a freebie for y'all: Check out the ChartSmarts forum --- no password needed for the next 24 hours. You can check out evey single issue going back to 2003. How's THAT for an open book? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 ChartSmarts

ChartSmarts

Smarter than the average bear.

• Admin
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

btw: a freebie for y'all: Check out the ChartSmarts forum --- no password needed for the next 24 hours. You can check out evey single issue going back to 2003. How's THAT for an open book? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, even the trades that backfired.... :giljotiini:
Be Well, and Trade Smarter Than the Average Bear!

Click here to start your 2 week free trial at www.chartsmarts.com.

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

I am always impressed by Mark's restraint in dealing with the questionable posters who wander thru here.
But I guess that's one reason I'm allowed in.
I think we had at least one here with some previous legal problems, but it's often difficult or impossible to prove that any scams are being offered here.
In fact, I often wonder how many are behind bars as they post.
Either a federal prison or a psych ward somewhere. :lol:

Personally, I'm usually at the bars.

Anyway, tempis fugit.
I mean caveat empotater.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 April 2007 - 09:15 PM.