ND, RUT, SP & DOW Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

Anyone else thinking that the DOW and S&P should close lower tomorrow. I pulled off the DOW this am but it is tempting again here along with the S&P.. NDX stay away for now...Rut still have the position although I was interested in splitting it up here at the close. Best ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 April 2007 - 02:47 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 tozwp

tozwp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

Anyone else thinking that the DOW and S&P should close lower tomorrow.

I pulled off the DOW this am but it is tempting again here along with the S&P.. NDX stay away for now...Rut

still have the position although I was interested in splitting it up here at the close.

Best ;)

Joined you with 1/2 position in inv dow fund at the close. Debated between it and the s&p. Both look about the same here.

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

Joined you with 1/2 position in inv dow fund at the close. Debated between it and the s&p. Both look about the same here.

My stuff shows the S&P is weaker but that may only be because today it was much weaker,...but there was

some pretty good distribution in the DOW too...

I'm just hoping that the RUT doesn't decide to link up with the NDX and stall.

GL with the trade,... maybe you'll hit a dble this time... ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 April 2007 - 02:59 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#4 tozwp

tozwp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

My stuff shows the S&P is weaker but that may only be because today it was much weaker,...but there was

some pretty good distribution in the DOW too...

I'm just hoping that the RUT doesn't decide to link up with the NDX and stall.

GL with the trade,... maybe you'll hit a dble this time... ;)

I'm seeing some evidence of a large short position in the rut (COT data). That is primarily why I am avoiding that index. The dow worries me from the short side as it seems to be easily manipulated and its only 30 stocks. Its due for a rest here somewhere so its worth a shot. A few key sectors in the s&p are up against resistance like banks and brokers. Energy looks a little toppy as well. That could pressure that index. Naz looks to be leading here again. I'll avoid that as well. We'll see, I kept half the powder dry and will wait to see what tomorrow brings.

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

Agree looking for a pull back in OIL/Energy to get in... doubtful today will be it maybe tomorrow.. Also may look for a Precious Metals play but as both Oil and Gold have just started to show signs of weakness, I'm not in any hurry. I exited Commodities yesterday and went into Utilities and then exited those today to play the INV Rut for tomorrow.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

Mr Dev.
Here's one.
A few years ago, at the end of 2004, I noticed the VIX jumping while the SPX refused to decline.
Then January 2005, we had a big sell-off.
Here is the 10 EMA of the two with the VIX inverted to show divergences better.
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$ONE:$VIX&p=D&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p67378946262&a=91691467&r=5559.png

DEC. 2004- JAN. 2005 VIX:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$VIX&p=D&st=2004-12-01&en=2005-02-01&i=p18700805739&a=72107875&r=4004.png

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

Anyone else thinking that the DOW and S&P should close lower tomorrow.

I pulled off the DOW this am but it is tempting again here along with the S&P.. NDX stay away for now...Rut

still have the position although I was interested in splitting it up here at the close.

Best ;)

The Dow dipped what, 25 points ?

#8 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

Good thing there really is a tooth fairy out there.

Posted Image

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:45 AM

The Dow dipped what, 25 points ?

Hell CLK by the time I exited it was only down 2 or 3 .... the fact is I entered my DOW short Monday and didn't want to remain short the DOW past 7:45am so I exited.

Now the 1/4 short position I moved from the RUT to short the DOW was moved back to the RUT at the am price.

I was just stating that the DOW and the SP just looked tempting to try and short again at the close... better than the NDX do to some distribution.

Please explain what you mean when you say /////

THE DOW DIPPED what 25 points? ...Ok ..so what are we missing here....we all know this.

What....did you think I was bragging?? omg :lol:

Good thing there really is a tooth fairy out there.

That's just bizarre

Edited by Mr Dev, 25 April 2007 - 12:50 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

Ok. No flipping for me here though, I'm going long.