• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

Sure seems like a lot of work to me to take the time and trouble to set up a blog and assume false personas on a message board so that you can anonymously (until somebody busts you) stalk and terrorize another poster.

He or she must be a trans-fat, sugar eating, gun-toting, prozac swallowing, pit bull owner with a swimming pool.

mm

:D ...you forgot..driving drunk, talking on cell phone, at 100mph, trying to light a smoke :blink: :P :lol:

Edited by mss, 27 April 2007 - 03:45 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#22 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

Sure seems like a lot of work to me to take the time and trouble to set up a blog and assume false personas on a message board so that you can anonymously (until somebody busts you) stalk and terrorize another poster.

Anyone wonder why the mods and admin here get testy from time to time?

:unsure:

:lol:
;)

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#23 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

Anyone wonder why the mods and admin here get testy from time to time?

:unsure:

:lol:
;)

And a thread like this on a Friday after a week like this...............................

Posted Image

Look, YOU CROSS THAT LINE and there will be trouble..... :P

:blush: :D :wacko: :cry: B)
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#24 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:35 AM

How can there be a legal challenge of any substance if the person is known as a nickname. No case at all, and when people say they "know" him, is only based on the nickname. No defamation issues IMO.

So if we're going to be consistent then Atilla's assumption of someone directly "impersonating" him can also be called into question as well and he too would have no legal recourse as he claims he's pursuing.

Quite a tangled web if you think about it, and it comes to no good when we decide to prosecute others without providing judicial prudence. Just ask the boys on the Duke lacrosse team, or those who go through political assassinations almost every day in Washington and elsewhere.

Fib

I disagree. Xd may be a good trader. he may have aspirations to be a global hedge fund manager basis his track record. I believe he has the right to have his reputation protected if someone is misleading everyone and impersonating him.

As for the litigation. Xd would succeed bcos people know his real identity. Libel Xd, you libel the person. Not so with Zen, as no one knows who the person is, so no personal reputation can be harmed. Those are my views.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#25 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:07 AM

I see his mocking blogsite has been closed.

I'm sorry, but no direct link to the blog was ever given, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that didn't know anything about this until xD brought it up to everyone's attention. And since I didn't see it, how do I know if it was ever up in the first place?

Not so with Zen, as no one knows who the person is, so no personal reputation can be harmed.

Not true. Zen has a name and anyone can find him over at Technical Watch. xD knows this and he could have confronted him directly, behind the scenes, before assuming guilt on a public level. The main problem in all of this is that he states that "I have been impersonated by someone or a group of people on the internet in the last couple of weeks". After this statement, he then goes on in making the assumption it is one person, but at the same time, it could very well be a group of people OR someone else completely. His evidence, therefore, is questionable. Of course, I guess the easy way to find out if this was Zen or not would be to ask him directly, but unfortunately, he has been banned from this site and can not respond in his defense.

To be clear, I have no idea who was involved, or what happened here, but I believe the problem could have been handled in a more dignified manner where public ridicule would be used as a last and final resort, and only after unequivocal evidence had been obtained to make such public announcements in the first place. Otherwise, you are no better than the perpetrator of the act and your character is then called into question.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#26 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:08 PM

I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between the blog and posting here. Is there ad revenue coming from the blog? or registration for new clients?