$USD: "I'm not quite dead yet."

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

I was glad to see that gap up Monday in GDX. It's been down ever since.

Looks like the $USD has a bullish engulfing candle with an uptrending channel forming.
Maybe even a back kiss of that downtrend line.

From Stockcharts:
"The bullish engulfing pattern consists of two candlesticks, the first black and the second white. The size of the black candlestick is not that important, but it should not be a doji which would be relatively easy to engulf. The second should be a long white candlestick – the bigger it is, the more bullish. The white body must totally engulf the body of the first black candlestick. Ideally, though not necessarily, the white body would engulf the shadows as well. Although shadows are permitted, they are usually small or nonexistent on both candlesticks.

After a decline, the second white candlestick begins to form when selling pressure causes the security to open below the previous close. Buyers step in after the open and push prices above the previous open for a strong finish and potential short-term reversal. Generally, the larger the white candlestick and the greater the engulfing, the more bullish the reversal. Further strength is required to provide bullish confirmation of this reversal pattern."

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$USD&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p25955512089&a=32101703&r=9537.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 May 2007 - 12:03 AM.

#2 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

Question: At this juncture it may seem odd, but what if the dollar and US 2-year notes were to rise, along with the US equity markets?

#3 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

Hey Roger,
Your a day late on that one. I posted this chart yesterday showing the kiss of life in the dollar.

Kimston

Posted Image