Anyone looking to restart healthy living

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

On how to quit smoking by Allan Carr. Personally I think its a disgusting habit/addiction, but when I was younger I used to smoke some so can see the trap.

This book has worked for everyone of my friends who have read it.

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/0140277633

P.s I have no affiliation or money gain from mentioning this book, just that people I know have confirmed it works.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

On how to quit smoking by Allan Carr. Personally I think its a disgusting habit/addiction, but when I was younger I used to smoke some so can see the trap.

This book has worked for everyone of my friends who have read it.

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/0140277633

P.s I have no affiliation or money gain from mentioning this book, just that people I know have confirmed it works.

Interesting ... yes, there are a couple of good "stop smoking" programs (they DO work).

And ONE simple tip that can improve your physical health ... have a level tablespoon of Casein protein powder in plain, active culture yogurt, about one hour before bed. It is digested SLOWLY throughout the night. Several reasons for doing this ... too long to go into.

Best, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 02 June 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#3 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

http://www.gosmokefr...doigosmokefree/
vitaminm

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

i quit 2 pacs a day cold turkey on may 22 1992.........the day carson quit the tonite show...i figured if he could give up that habit i could give up mine.....unfortunately he didnt quit smoking......sigh

#5 Guest_Dewey_*

Guest_Dewey_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

Sounds like I quit about 6 months before Da Cheif. Believe it or not my inspiration came from a Dr. Koop documentary in the early 90's. The main tip being that even though one might have tried to quit before and failed to try again. Something about the way he said it made me believe. Now I need him to a follow up on how to lose weight.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

I quit smoking when I was 18 and my hair fell out. :blink:

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

ur not bald....ur just taller than ur hair.....snort

Sounds like I quit about 6 months before Da Cheif. Believe it or not my inspiration came from a Dr. Koop documentary in the early 90's. The main tip being that even though one might have tried to quit before and failed to try again. Something about the way he said it made me believe.

Now I need him to a follow up on how to lose weight.

losing weight is easy.........zero carbs........snort

#8 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

I'll bum one once in a while but it's never really taken hold of me. Sure miss Johnny Carson though. Doug

#9 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

Sounds like I quit about 6 months before Da Cheif. Believe it or not my inspiration came from a Dr. Koop documentary in the early 90's. The main tip being that even though one might have tried to quit before and failed to try again. Something about the way he said it made me believe.

Now I need him to a follow up on how to lose weight.

Losing weight and KEEPING IT OFF, is easy ... if you know how. You don't have to feel deprived, go on a strict "diet" or run 80 laps every morning. Learn 3 simple concepts and you'll lose in a slow, but steady fashion. And losing weight IS a matter of changing your MIND.

If beliefs stay the same, then actions stay the same (behaviour) and outcomes stay the same (too much weight).

But, I've said too much.

Good luck, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 02 June 2007 - 08:14 PM.

#10 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

Cookie of miniscule perturbation: Losing weight and KEEPING IT OFF, is easy ... if you know how. You don't have to feel deprived, go on a strict "diet" or run 80 laps every morning. Learn 3 simple concepts and you'll lose in a slow, but steady fashion. And losing weight IS a matter of changing your MIND.

If beliefs stay the same, then actions stay the same (behaviour) and outcomes stay the same (too much weight).

I've seen a lot of people stop smoking, then go into a bar and sit down and have a few, and it's often near-impossible to quell the urge to burn one then.

And if you put a good buzz on you had best stay away from the buffet table.

Dawg