NDX Expanding Triangle Shows Support

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

I Wasn't really thinking that hard about the 9,.. or the square of,... or Lennon...lol.

You are a sharp minded character..... so understand what I'm about to say when it comes to trading at

a super high level of win / loss ratios.

I just want to keep it simple and know 9 is more than 4, is more than 5, is more than 6...etc.

T
hat's as far as I'm thinking....i think fast ...I don't think long and hard !
On another note,...I don't think that pin-point accuracy is that important!

Why?

Because most traders don't react fast to it anyway!

They sit there and check something else,,... oh and then think about it,..

oh and then they second guess it,.... wondering if this is going to be the time it "won't work".

F
ree your soul from pin-point accuracy,... and you mind is free to think more creatively ...... oh and start by

using fatter lines.

I could charge a lot to coach someone,,.. but you get it for free.

If you don't use the advice....you'll likely be trading against someone else who did.

So be careful, good traders are created at this board everyday.

I've seen many over the years. ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 June 2007 - 04:48 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#12 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

OK thanks for the advice, for most charts thick is good enough but for my proprietary oscillator it must be done with thin lines. So I take it because ndx has poked at the upper line 9 times you think it is going to give up poking at it and break through the lower line?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#13 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

One final point, you will notice on your ndx chart that it has made quick bottoms on that wedge, there have been NO 3 hits so far...but maybe that's going to change eh??? ;>)
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#14 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

OK thanks for the advice, for most charts thick is good enough but for my proprietary oscillator it must be done with thin lines.

So I take it because ndx has poked at the upper line 9 times you think it is going to give up poking at it and break through the lower line?

Well even though counting the number of times trend lines are hit is not really my preferred method of TA

to predict directions or even the next open.. I do think it ties into other technicals that I do believe in,.. that say another test

of the lowest low of that channel is likely. And if that is going to be the case I would think that MY

supporting GREEN trend line,...or even your bottom trend line would in deed fail.. :(

I also colored the STO and as we see it is in Sell territory at resistance or the mid line or 50

A turn down there that later can break above is the signal to get long,. but until we see that,.. the Sell is still ON BaBy!

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 June 2007 - 06:20 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

Look at june es with the 60 minute stochastics, I think it likely that it will go up to at least 1518, 1521.75 will be the critical level - it will have to stay above that or it will crash back down. Then there are those gaps up there at about 1531 and 1538, those gaps could be filled, certainly this sell-off is not as forceful as last Feb. and it took a long time to close its big gap, this one could go up and close those gaps, that would tie in with one of the big bears on here that predicted the down move last week and then called for a 78% retrace just to re-cap all the action here. :) But it will have to stay above that 1521.75 to do it as I said.

Edited by Russ, 10 June 2007 - 06:26 PM.

#16 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

Look at june es with the 60 minute stochastics, I think it likely that it will go up to at least 1518, 1521.75 will be the critical level - it will have to stay above that or it will crash back down.

Then there are those gaps up there at about 1531 and 1538, those gaps could be filled, certainly this sell-off is not as forceful as last Feb. and it took a long time to close its big gap, this one could go up and close those gaps, that would tie in with one of the big bears on here that predicted the down move last week and then called for a 78% retrace just to re-cap all the action here. :) But it will have to stay above that 1521.75 to do it as I said.

You're right those Gaps are a small 'don't forget' concern for me also... as the RUT put on a spectacular show

Gapping Up for those strong days..... then ....gapping down two days for lows to fill 3 of the gaps ups!

That is now a little messy with 2 Up and still something left to fill below around 805!

But tieing-in,.. into who are you respecting as the Big Bear that called the down turn.

No one that I know here BuT me called for a ~200 point move minimum and then said ~400 might do it ...and also

traded bounce to the close Friday, and made the maximum points on the swing like he said!

Some might say it,...some might trade it ....Very few do both and get it right.... but I have no problem showing my trades!

Now partially short and getting shorter on Monday!....The worst thing for me right now is to be right again... cuz I'm not fully in.

You've got a pretty informative thread going here....

Well done ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 June 2007 - 06:49 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#17 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:57 PM

You're right those Gaps are a small 'don't forget' concern for me also... as the RUT put on a spectacular show

Gapping Up for those strong days..... then ....gapping down two days for lows to fill 3 of the gaps ups!

That is now a little messy with 2 Up and still something left to fill below around 805!

But tieing-in,.. into who are you respecting as the Big Bear that called the down turn.

No one that I know here BuT me called for a ~200 point move minimum and then said ~400 might do it ...and also

traded bounce to the close Friday, and made the maximum points on the swing like he said!

Some might say it,...some might trade it ....Very few do both and get it right.... but I have no problem showing my trades!

Now partially short and getting shorter on Monday!....The worst thing for me right now is to be right again... cuz I'm not fully in

Yes you were real good, da cheif also rode it down and bought although a little early and he was too late to recind his order that he got hit on at 1515 sept.? I mentioned the 60 minute vix last week and said I thought it was going to roll down, it may have a short bounce up but I don't think its done going down yet on the 60...we'll see.

Edited by Russ, 10 June 2007 - 06:58 PM.

#18 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

Hell I'm gonna post up some charts here,...let me go up stairs and switch to other PCs.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#19 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

CPC DAILY

You folks remember how I taught you to trade this chart ....

Posted Image

NAUD DAILY

This chart was shared before the Sell Off and again on Thursday night before the POP!

Some of these charts require a cross for a signal...but just like Thursday night,.,..if it is at extremes...you know that the

turn will come usually fast and furious .......

...................often to create a cross over!

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 June 2007 - 07:42 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#20 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

So if CPC goes down into your zone that translates into spx/ndx rally no? But you are going short, am I missing something? What length of average do you use?

Edited by Russ, 10 June 2007 - 07:42 PM.