Experimental TICK indicator

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 peregrine

peregrine

• Traders-Talk User
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

Test driving a new home-grown TICK indicator which has just shown a sign of weakness by taking out a swing low...and is diverging negatively against the SPX cash. Curious about any comments from others who monitor TICK style indicators.

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

I follow a several-day moving average which helps timing a great deal. You've read the Mark Cook interview in Stock Market Wizards, right? He doesn't give away his proprietary model, but you can draw your own conclusions about it from his description in the interview.

Edited by Jnavin, 14 June 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#3 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

I follow a several-day moving average which helps timing a great deal. You've read the Mark Cook interview in Stock Market Wizards, right? He doesn't give away his proprietary model, but you can draw your own conclusions about it from his description in the interview.

He's another bear andmarket keeps going up up up!!
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#4 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Cook's a bear? I thought he day-traded either way without reference.

#5 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

FWIW, my TICK indicator, which is tuned similar to NAMO/NYMO, is showing positive divergence since it bottomed in mid-May.
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#6 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:05 PM

Cook's a bear? I thought he day-traded either way without reference.

check out his site, he's been calling for a repeat of the 2000 top and 30% decline.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#7 peregrine

peregrine

• Traders-Talk User
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

Jnavin You've read the Mark Cook interview in Stock Market Wizards .He doesn't give away his proprietary model, but you can draw your own conclusions about it from his description in the interview. Thanks for that reference...I'll check it out. P

#8 But Daddy

But Daddy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

The tick deteriorated most of May. Then last Thurs June 7th it produced a low not seen in any period since my data base started in March 2006. The previous low was on May 11th 2006 and that was an initiation move DOWN. FWIW, I am reading the tick data like the MCO data. An IT technical low was made last week, and the tick low was a capitulation bottom. A lower price bottom may present itself but with positive divergent technicals. If anyone has 1-5 or 10 minute close tick data prior to Mar 2006, I would certainly like to talk about getting a copy.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

I have been racking my feeble brain all day trying to remember who it was who often referred to the TICK in his updates.
I believe it was Mark Cook.
Last week on June 7th, we had a steady negative tick near -500 for almost 4 hours as I remember.
That was a bottom.
Now we have just had the opposite!
See the $TICK below:
http://stockcharts.c...976931&r=75.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 June 2007 - 11:45 PM.