• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:19 AM

You know cows like to watch trains....
I think Next week will clearly distinguish whos what.

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 17 June 2007 - 04:26 AM.

#2 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:11 AM

So what do you see happening next week?

Sentiment indicators are showing more bulls - are we going for a double top

You know cows like to watch trains....
I think Next week will clearly distinguish whos what.

Posted Image

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

Moooooo :) (am watching ... but not sitting on the tracks)

Edited by calmcookie, 17 June 2007 - 07:24 AM.

#4 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

Moooooo :)

(am watching ... but not sitting on the tracks)

I'm confident and bullish at the moment. However, I believe the first couple days of the week will be flat, so not too many fireworks. Just too many bears AAII continue to show many bears ready that need to turn bullish, and high CBOE Put/Call Ratio averages, and falling OEX Put/call ratio averages. It looks like the Sentiment environment is improving for the bulls.

Barry

#5 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:37 AM

xD, you have clearly nailed two important tops this year (Feb 20/21st & June 1/4th), congrats. Are you now calling for a 3rd significant Top this coming week? If we go up above 1550 or 1570 on the SPX cash index, would that be enough to change things in the near term? Thanks

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

I think S&P is still below its June high, so that top is still the second and last important top. My take is... we turn early next week and test those lows over the next 10 days or so (minimum) However , if we take out those lows, weekly closing basis, test of 1410 is a given ...even before you start your car.

Edited by xD&Cox, 17 June 2007 - 12:52 PM.

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

I think S&P is still below its June high, so that top is still the second and last important top.

My take is... we turn early next week and test those lows over the next 10 days or so (minimum)

However , if we take out those lows, weekly closing basis, test of 1410 is a given ...even before you start your car.

Xd so many posting bearish here and everywhere. What say we take out previous highs? Market seems to have few sellers or little selling pressure?
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#8 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Would be great

There are just no big events next week to really get the selling started, but of course sometimes if comes out of the blue

Maybe yields will retest the highs of the last week

I think S&P is still below its June high, so that top is still the second and last important top.

My take is... we turn early next week and test those lows over the next 10 days or so (minimum)

However , if we take out those lows, weekly closing basis, test of 1410 is a given ...even before you start your car.

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

Market seems to have few sellers or little selling pressure?

That is exactly how it looks before the big one, everybody is loaded, waiting for the higher prices to sell. That was the script for the last 6 months wasnt it?

Pattern became so predictable. Check "II" data, they all got bulled up, finally discovered it all....

But hey, anything can happen .. I have stops somewhere around here.

this is for cookie

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 17 June 2007 - 01:26 PM.

#10 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

xD,

I am wondering what is continuing to inspire your bearish outlook. I acknowledge the numbers that you are mentioning, but they are fresh. The II ratio went bad just last week and the CPCE/CPCI numbers went belly up only Friday. So while i can understand a negative outlook on let's say this week, your IT bearish outlook is puzzling. There has to be something more than just this last week's development....right?

Also, why do so many people insist that the COT data is bullish - a stark contradiction to what you have been suggesting.

-rkd

p.s. did you make your blog private?

Market seems to have few sellers or little selling pressure?

That is exactly how it looks before the big one, everybody is loaded, waiting for the higher prices to sell. That was the script for the last 6 months wasnt it?

Pattern became so predictable. Check "II" data, they all got bulled up, finally discovered it all....

But hey, anything can happen .. I have stops somewhere around here.

this is for cookie

Posted Image

“be right and sit tight”