Foreign Markets

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

The Asia/Pacific Index quotes for World markets at Yahoo seemed to have had fairly large gap ups today, and have been holding for most of the evening. Seoul and Hang Seng seem to have gapped up over the recent yearly highs, and New Zealand has rallied to the previous high. Nikki getting closer to 18300. Europe trade will be interesting, as they seemed to rally a little more than we did on Friday, so North America seems to be lagging. Sure would be nice to see the SPX get started tomorrow with a nice big break away gap up. Too bad it is the Monday after OPEX, but in July 2006 and March 2007, the Monday after OPEX was up big with gap ups that never filled. Have a good evening. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:42 PM

Wouldn't it be something!
From Saturday night:
"the same set-up & readings occured Friday April 13, and Monday April 16.
Monday was up nearly 20 points and the week finished up 30 points!"

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:42 AM

Seoul and Hang Seng seem to have gapped up over the recent yearly highs,

DUh didn't the NDX just do that FRIDAY?

But please start to understand.....How OFTEN do foreign markets NOT influence our NEXT trading day .... OFTEN ENOUGH!

I would hate to think a professional has yet to see that corelation.

How often do we waist time checking on world markets that are somply reacting to our last close,. and not any News whatsoever

To many.

How often have world markets been down strongly ,.. and we gap down only to close higher at the highs for the day?

Way to many to even count.

To think that there is someone out there still doing in depth analysis of overnight foreign markets as a way of predicting our markets next close,,,,,,well I'll laugh my @ss off again.

Get a clue people.....we are still in control of where our markets go.

as well as where others are heading and that's mainly thru Liquidity.

We allow if you will .... other markets to JUMP out ahead only to pullback ourselves...then after other world

markets notice and cool and pullback,.. we take them higher by having an Up day for them to follow.

Usually comes in around a Wednesday or Thursday... did I say Monday... no I didn't.

KNow that it works this way more often than not.

Now I think I'll rest easy ..... feeling comfortable not to let my trading be influenced by overnight market action.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

Mr Dev, Well said !! :clap: Emerging markets are what i would like to call dumbazz markets to some extent, so far as the VST moves are concerned. They react to U.S market close with more than 80% odds. But then the trend takes over. Each market needs to be anlayzed on it's own technicals. This is coming from someone who is trading the futures in Indian market right now. What happened was there was a huge gap-up in the indian market here, based on U.S market close. Nothing else !. Despite the huge gap-up, they coudn't even turn the 5-min trend up. I have shorted the gap-up big time here and all i can see is it's breaking down. Next 30-minutes or so could see the gap closed. We'll see.... These monster breakaway gap-ups and the kickoff of wave 3 of 3 of 3 of 3 to the upside.....i am still waiting patiently ;)

Edited by NAV, 18 June 2007 - 01:01 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:44 AM

Japan and Australian actually didn't make new highs from my Friday futures, still at a possible double top. Honk Hong seemed to me a bit excessive. No movement for US futures. Till now, the Europe premarket is giving a pop. Right now the dax is right there at all time highs of 2000.

Edited by Espresso, 18 June 2007 - 01:50 AM.

Spesi FF

#6 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

Could not agree more

Europe may influence the US open, but the US close is entirely up to you guys and then the close will affect our open

Seoul and Hang Seng seem to have gapped up over the recent yearly highs,

DUh didn't the NDX just do that FRIDAY?

But please start to understand.....How OFTEN do foreign markets NOT influence our NEXT trading day .... OFTEN ENOUGH!

I would hate to think a professional has yet to see that corelation.

How often do we waist time checking on world markets that are somply reacting to our last close,. and not any News whatsoever

To many.

How often have world markets been down strongly ,.. and we gap down only to close higher at the highs for the day?

Way to many to even count.

To think that there is someone out there still doing in depth analysis of overnight foreign markets as a way of predicting our markets next close,,,,,,well I'll laugh my @ss off again.

Get a clue people.....we are still in control of where our markets go.

as well as where others are heading and that's mainly thru Liquidity.

We allow if you will .... other markets to JUMP out ahead only to pullback ourselves...then after other world

markets notice and cool and pullback,.. we take them higher by having an Up day for them to follow.

Usually comes in around a Wednesday or Thursday... did I say Monday... no I didn't.

KNow that it works this way more often than not.

Now I think I'll rest easy ..... feeling comfortable not to let my trading be influenced by overnight market action.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:27 AM

I agree with Mr Dev, I would actually plot the relative performance of the foreign indices from the low or high points to gauge the global liquidity and not the day to day opening and closing stats. There are exceptions, but quite rare...

Posted Image

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

This is coming from someone who is trading the futures in Indian market right now. What happened was there was a huge gap-up in the indian market here, based on U.S market close. Nothing else !. Despite the huge gap-up, they coudn't even turn the 5-min trend up. I have shorted the gap-up big time here and all i can see is it's breaking down. Next 30-minutes or so could see the gap closed. We'll see....

And that gap closed rather harshly ! ;)

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#9 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

however the german Dax is a bit more intelligent

This is coming from someone who is trading the futures in Indian market right now. What happened was there was a huge gap-up in the indian market here, based on U.S market close. Nothing else !. Despite the huge gap-up, they coudn't even turn the 5-min trend up. I have shorted the gap-up big time here and all i can see is it's breaking down. Next 30-minutes or so could see the gap closed. We'll see....

And that gap closed rather harshly ! ;)

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

NAV, what's your read on the indian market?

I keep getting this feeling that it's being distributed, but I don't get current quotes on it and it's hard for me to do any good analysis on it. I just keep looking at day old charts and thinking, "something's up..."

Mark

Mr Dev,

Well said !! :clap:

Emerging markets are what i would like to call dumbazz markets to some extent, so far as the VST moves are concerned. They react to U.S market close with more than 80% odds. But then the trend takes over. Each market needs to be anlayzed on it's own technicals.

These monster breakaway gap-ups and the kickoff of wave 3 of 3 of 3 of 3 to the upside.....i am still waiting patiently ;)

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter