Where is tuffy88 (charles)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 toni

toni

• Traders-Talk User
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

Where has tuffy 88 gone. I am a long time lurker here. Only my 2nd post. I have followed his trades posted here in real time for over 3 years. No possible way to fake his market calls to buy and sell. Was trading on his calls and making money. Then he just seems to have vanished. No one here ever posted all of their trades in reall time the way he did. And then he just stops posting. After I regeristered here 2 days ago I sent him a PM. So far no answer. Does anyone know what his position is now? toni

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

tuffy is here.

#3 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

Toni, Tuffy has an ongoing thread on swing waves. He is in cash. He is/was on a cruise.

#4 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

Toni, Tuffy has an ongoing thread on swing waves. He is in cash. He is/was on a cruise.

As I recall he's talking about no longer posting positions going forward for legal considerations.

I'm thinking about the same thing. People are so accustomed to me getting it wrong that they may have come to depend on me. If I get one right I could lose everything when they take me to court for getting one right!
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

Speaking of lawsuits and cruises...we are in "Uncharted Waters":

Internet lawsuit tests online anonymity
17 June 2007
It bills itself as the world's "most prestigious college discussion board," giving a glimpse into law school admissions policies, post-graduate social networking and the hiring practices of major law firms.

But the AudoAdmit site, widely used by law students for information on schools and firms, is also known as a venue for racist and sexist remarks and career-damaging rumors.

Now it's at the heart of a defamation lawsuit that legal experts say could test the anonymity of the internet.

Finding and identifying the posters could be tough but is not impossible. The process involves subpoenas issued to Internet Service Providers for records, and then more subpoenas to companies, institutions or people identified on those records.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 June 2007 - 12:16 PM.

#6 toni

toni

• Traders-Talk User
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

Got an answer from Tuffy from my PM. He said for one thing his attorney had advised him to stop posting anything that could be construded as advise. And he had had numerous PM and e-mail's indicating that many were using his posts not only as advice, but were trading on it. Guilty. I had been doing that. For another the fact of the results of his "bagholders" trading for 4 years as he posted them here in real time had enraged the traders here. Many sent him angry and insulting PM's & e-mails. He decided who needs it. So no more posting of his trades. Too bad. Toni

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

>He said for one thing his attorney had advised him to stop posting anything that could be construded as advise<......lol.....thats alotta hooey.......

#8 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

It's attorny advice. I had a user of the traderstalk board threaten to sue me for relaying my experience with their service. In the end, I figured out he was a blowhard that didn't have a leg to stand on in a court of law. Just wanted to play the big man on the internet. We humans are certainly a flawed species.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

my attorney to me to tell em to gft.s.......snort...his attorney is a wuss....

#10 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

As I recall he's talking about no longer posting positions going forward for legal considerations.

I'm thinking about the same thing. People are so accustomed to me getting it wrong that they may have come to depend on me. If I get one right I could lose everything when they take me to court for getting one right!

:lol: :lol: :lol: . wouldn't that be a b*tch. first the markets and then the lawyers take your money B) !

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/