• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

If it accelerates, I will be stopped out...

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

whatch guys doin
Wow I hope you guys got better guts than I got charts.. see my last post to the last LONG trade thread below.

We coming to a Short Exit Signal ...and we aren't there yet.. still not even a long sig on a 1m chart.

Show your long chart signal on this one and I'll show u my nearing cover.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

20-day MA of Naz Composite is right here, ST is fine, but could be very ST

imagine if rates go to just 5.25

and Bank of Japan raise rates - is this not just a market waiting to crash

LT I do not think this market should be bought before the market starts hoping for Fed not to raise

then when they realize they will not raise, market will cheer

uncanny how astrological events affect the markets
today is summer solstice and rodgerdodger has a very effective moon theory

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

A/D line horrendous, summations will make lower lows today. Internals in errosion mode, a lot of long term charts breaking down . Daily stochastic on DOW crossing down only TODAY. The market is erroding, and nowhere near oversold yet. Crowd is super bullish, oversubscribing heavily LEVERAGED IPOs. look at the charts like JCP.. sinking daily, no matter what market does. Or ADBE or many others. The large caps where holding out for quite a while, now they are joining in. Too early to look for bounces. How can Nasdaqw bounce when the only stuff that sells in Best Buy is very low margin products. Semiconductors are overrated at this point. Cash out home refis are the thing of the past. Retailers sinking. Everything that has even remotely to do with real estate is sinking. Financials starting to have issues with suspect garbage they've been lending against to some shady hedgefunds.. Emerging markets in parabolic frenzy. People in China openned 600,000+ stock trading accounts this year alone. And looks like they are having the Nasdaq like thing starting there. I can go on and on. Let the fear build. Momentum only now starting to roll over on longer term charts. Too early to buy. More selling to come. Didn't you have your super sell signal the other day ? Why are you trying to stick your head into the chopper here ? This may be 1998 type breutal decline. I'll just play the downtrend for the time being. And some select stuff that looks ok, like airlines. They are showing some serious relative strength here. And heavily shorted.

Edited by ogm, 22 June 2007 - 12:10 PM.

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

The market is going lower for the IT no doubt about it, this is a ST trade, perhaps VST... There are quite a few issues breaking below the ST channels, however most of the indices are at the double bottom configuration and the positive seasonality is upon us. I have about 70-75% chance for a st low... I doubt that the rates will hurt the stocks any further than they did in the ST, but what do I know...

Edited by kisacik, 22 June 2007 - 12:10 PM.

#6 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

notice how some are trying to push yields down in order to save the market....yield gone from 5.20 til 5.13.....maybe it will work later...but agree no reason to try some long, i'm sure he got stopped and is riding some short now

A/D line horrendous, summations will make lower lows today. Internals in errosion mode, a lot of long term charts breaking down . Daily stochastic on DOW crossing down only TODAY.

The market is erroding, and nowhere near oversold yet.

Crowd is super bullish, oversubscribing heavily LEVERAGED IPOs.

look at the charts like JCP.. sinking daily, no matter what market does. Or ADBE or many others. The large caps where holding out for quite a while, now they are joining in.

Too early to look for bounces.

How can Nasdaqw bounce when the only stuff that sells in Best Buy is very low margin products. Semiconductors are overrated at this point. Cash out home refis are the thing of the past. Retailers sinking.
Everything that has even remotely to do with real estate is sinking.

Financials starting to have issues with suspect garbage they've been lending against to some shady hedgefunds..

Emerging markets in parabolic frenzy. People in China openned 600,000+ stock trading accounts this year alone. And looks like they are having the Nasdaq like thing starting there.

Let the fear build. Momentum only now starting to roll over on longer term charts. Too early to buy. More selling to come.

Didn't you have your super sell signal the other day ? Why are you trying to stick your head into the chopper here ? This may be 1998 type breutal decline.

I'll just play the downtrend for the time being.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

OGM, it is not the internals that bother me for the short side, it is the quality of the sell off. They get oversold without even meaningfully breaking the channels...

#8 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hopefully your were not stopped out. Good call; rebalancing.

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

Hopefully your were not stopped out. Good call; rebalancing.

I bought this at the bottom tick, how can I get stopped out? Anyway, I am not risking much and stops are above break even, I'd like to see steady progress from here.

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

The main reason I bought is RUT never meaningfully outperformed the decline today, so the Qs, I mean we are scared of the rates and loan disasters, but these guys are standing there. I know there is damage, but where are the big sellers?!? They don't want to close the quarter poor, imho. They want to sell more of these Blackstone types to the public probably, we know how much the public is willing to buy, they must still have a lot of cash to burn...