Posted Image

:P

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

WOW! where's your house?
We had near record snow this winter followed by a month of ice and now it's rained every day in June.
We had 2 1/2 inches last night.
Near record rainfall but at least it's keeping things cool here.
I hear Calmcookie and those in Austin,TX has to swim to work today.
:sweatingbullets: Is that rain?

More than foot of rain floods Texas
"We got hard facts of 18-plus inches of rain in a couple of those places since midnight," Austin-Travis County

Parts of Oklahoma also were soaked Wednesday, with rain falling on Oklahoma City for the 15th consecutive day, breaking a 70-year-old record.
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 June 2007 - 02:36 PM.

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

WOW! where's your house?
We had near record snow this winter followed by a month of ice and now it's rained every day in June.
We had 2 1/2 inches last night.
Near record rainfall but at least it's keeping things cool here.
I hear Calmcookie and those in Austin,TX has to swim to work today.
:sweatingbullets: Is that rain?

Hey Woody ... love that snow (not!). As a teenager I occasionally cross country skied 1/2 an hour to school in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Can't say I miss the snow ... not one little bit.

But Rodger, you're correct ... we've had a VERY wet spring and early summer this year in Texas. I swam at Deep Eddy yesterday and it was about 85 degrees and pouring rain. Interesting sensation to stroke through the water and watch raindrops pound the surface. But my home and surrounding ones closeby are in no danger of flooding ... elsewhere is a different story. Such is life and the ravages of mother nature.

Cheers, C.C. :P

Edited by calmcookie, 27 June 2007 - 02:39 PM.

#4 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Hey CC Kingston eh spent 1974-8 taking Civil Eng at Queen's, spent equal amount of time in the Royal Tap Room :D Roger, live near Toronto, its 34C with Humidex in 40's (94F, Humidex 106F) Just thought pic might help cool us off....although your Buy Buy Buy signal is heating things up! CW

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

hey woody...i live just down da road from Sarnia......Lived in st johns goofyland for awhile....