7 replies to this topic

#1 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

Just not on Wall Street.

PAMPLONA, Spain — Spain's largest fighting bulls lived up to their fearsome reputation, goring two and crushing at least seven people as thousands of daredevils sprinted down narrow streets Sunday in Pamplona's annual running of the bulls.

The second of eight bull runs in the weeklong San Fermin festival involved the black and reddish-colored Miura bulls, renowned as the largest fighting bulls in Spain.

As they charged down the 800-yard route, two of them fell and, appearing to lose their way, turned on the crowd of runners. Two people were gored.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

Evolution's way of getting rid of the stupid. :lol:

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

2 people were gored???...geeziz i dint know Al was on vacation over der.......snort

#4 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

2 people were gored???...geeziz i dint know Al was on vacation over der.......snort

heh heh. Going the distance to reduce carbon emissions.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

The guy had to figure out some way to meet Madonna. Bill wouldn't share.

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:39 AM

#7 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

I ran that event in the 1960's. I survived by running behind the bulls. Not so stupid.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:5_xGjaB-lRaXGM:http://home.moravian.edu/students/k/stmnk09/images/050711_runningbulls.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.pablosarasate.com/sanfermin/sanfermin.jpg[/img]
Running of Bulls Helps Kick Off Pamplona Festival
Fourteen deaths have been attributed to the San Fermín bull runs since record keeping began in 1924, Poole noted. According to last year's hospital admissions data, there were 57 serious encierro-related injuries, 11 of which were gorings.
"People tend to think of [these bulls] as farm animals," Ross observed. Nothing, he says, could be further from the truth.
The bulls that run during the San Fermín festival are bred to fight and can weigh over 1,300 pounds (600 kilograms). They also possess razor-sharp horns, keen intelligence, uncanny peripheral vision, and the ability to "turn on a dime," according to Ross.
Underestimating them, he says, can be a fatal mistake. "They're the most aggressive animals that I know of,"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 July 2007 - 02:21 PM.