st trade

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

wow, thanks for that. i had no idea...this place is really a great source of information. I would like to know more about this, do you know of any place i can read up on it in more detail?

Am I understanding correctly that the trend we are having today is down as set by the futures market + open so if the reacion to ben is negative let's say then it is entirely possible to see further downside action for the rest of the day?

yeah, second that - nav is right.

speaking of which, nav - do you have any way of measuring wether a v-bottom has a certain chance of getting retested during the same day? i am looking at a 30 min chart.

jjc can you explain more of the typical tuesday profile?

Sure, statistically speaking: Typically Trend days will have a counter move (bounce) 1 hour to 1.5 hours into
play. Days of the week have there own (statistically significant) time for a low (or high, suprizingly symetrical). Tuesday's bounce peak occurs typically around 11:00, and is unlike any other day of the week
(statistically speaking).

Normally such a large move in the overnight/morning will guarantee a trend day; however ATR is high these days with the increase in volatility and the size of the move in relative terms is marginal. In short I'm waiting on the markets response to Ben's words.

I might add here the purge down distance as it stands now is not un-characteristic of a shake out of weak handed longs.

I might add here that I don't think the trading competition comes from other traders during these days;
it is the institutions and I don't think sharing information hurts any edge I may have.

“be right and sit tight”

#12 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

wow, thanks for that. i had no idea...this place is really a great source of information. I would like to know more about this, do you know of any place i can read up on it in more detail?

Am I understanding correctly that the trend we are having today is down as set by the futures market + open so if the reacion to ben is negative let's say then it is entirely possible to see further downside action for the rest of the day?

yeah, second that - nav is right.

speaking of which, nav - do you have any way of measuring wether a v-bottom has a certain chance of getting retested during the same day? i am looking at a 30 min chart.

jjc can you explain more of the typical tuesday profile?

Sure, statistically speaking: Typically Trend days will have a counter move (bounce) 1 hour to 1.5 hours into
play. Days of the week have there own (statistically significant) time for a low (or high, suprizingly symetrical). Tuesday's bounce peak occurs typically around 11:00, and is unlike any other day of the week
(statistically speaking).

Normally such a large move in the overnight/morning will guarantee a trend day; however ATR is high these days with the increase in volatility and the size of the move in relative terms is marginal. In short I'm waiting on the markets response to Ben's words.

I might add here the purge down distance as it stands now is not un-characteristic of a shake out of weak handed longs.

I might add here that I don't think the trading competition comes from other traders during these days;
it is the institutions and I don't think sharing information hurts any edge I may have.

I have a slightly higher count that the HOD has not been made; That is gun to the head I would be long.
I think it is easy to be fooled by the decrease in volatility. It can change on a dime and likely will so take
care in your scalps if that is your game.