up nearly 300 pts on the dow

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

and few happy faces....in fact nothing but pissn n moaning over me SJNORJHTS......geeziz......watta crowd........ <_< ......geniuses ....oh well.........SIGH.....over n out.......good buy and good luck.....cuz its all u got..... ;)

#2 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:03 PM

So you're leaving this forum because someone disagreed with you... Is this a joke?

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

Cheif, congratulations, you saw it coming all along and you saw this entire bull run coming all along, you have been silent at some tops and wrong about the extent of some pull backs, but you have been right about the major trend and it is bullish and it is UP... I hope this makes you feel satisfied and happy as much as your bank account. I could not trade today since I was at the dentist getting a root-canal treatment, it doubled my pleasure with what I found when I checked my computer tonight...

#4 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:40 AM

and few happy faces....in fact nothing but pissn n moaning over me SJNORJHTS......geeziz......watta crowd........ <_< ......geniuses ....oh well.........SIGH.....over n out.......good buy and good luck.....cuz its all u got..... ;)

Da Cheif, you're the best. I remember some of your calls from early-mid 1990's. Of course at that time I was following wrong ewaver Pretcher! :cry:

#5 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:32 AM

good buy and good luck

What is good buy? I only know of best buy.

BTW, you call this rally? Even CLX crashed :D :D :D

http://stockcharts.c...i=0&r=6551&.png
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#6 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:14 AM

Dont leave little buddy. You are far to talented to let a few rock your boat.

#7 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

Don't worry, Cheef's not goin' anywhere. Where else -- outside of a high school cafeteria -- can someone so ill-mannered and inarticulate hold sway over a coterie of dim-witted groupies with endless sneering and braggadocio?
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#8 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:45 AM

There is a very simple explanation....

Consumer Confidences Hits Lowest Point in Nearly a Year, With Worries About Jobs, Gas Prices
http://biz.yahoo.com...dence.html?.v=6

You see, with the exception of You, Larry Kudlow, Paulson, and a bunch of war profiteers, like oil and military complex execs, the majority of the population don't think that there is a huge global economic boom going on.

Not in their wallet it isn't anyway.

In 2000, there was new exciting technology, internet, there was great economy and everyone was feeling it. And they wanted to invest into it. Now they are even more overburdened with debt, another bubble is blowing up in their face, and they aren't feeling that great. The divide between haves and have nots is increasing dramaticaly. And there is more and more "have not" people. Very few people are benefiting from rising stocks, most just DON'T care. Because they don't have any money to invest anyway. Not with their negative savings.

The real question is, when will they stop spending like drunken sailors. But it may be that thats their way to fight depression.

And a lot of people on this board and others feel this in the real world, because they actually leave their gated communities once in a while :) You should too.

Edited by ogm, 13 July 2007 - 06:49 AM.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

Miserable consumer confidence is usually a bullish sign. You guys who think economic news is relevant to investing are barking up the wrong tree. Interest rates, inflation, growth rates of earnings and trends all matter, somewhat, but gloom and doom is probably the best thing for the market, not a reason to be a bear. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#10 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:01 AM

Miserable consumer confidence is usually a bullish sign.

You guys who think economic news is relevant to investing are barking up the wrong tree.

Interest rates, inflation, growth rates of earnings and trends all matter, somewhat, but gloom and doom is probably the best thing for the market, not a reason to be a bear.

M

Now, I didn't say if this has anything to do with investing or not. I said, that is why people are feeling bearish.

However I can make an argument that consumer confidence and business confidence are different from the pure stock market sentiment. Because it does affect wether or not consumers buy goods and businesses invest.
If consumers don't buy goods, guess what.. profits dissapear.

So its not exactly the sentiment that you measure.