Photo

Da_Cheif has started his blog on this site now.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

Oxymoron was in good fun (for RD and myself) but personal criticism of any poster should be off-limits. Disagree with their stock market philosophy but don't make it personal. It's gotta be different strokes for different folks (haven't heard that one in a long time). People have different personalities, some you like and some you don't. I don't think you would insult a person face to face by telling them you don't like them (maybe you would but I wouldn't). It all boils down to us writing things in emails or posts that you would NEVER say in real life.

As you can see I have violated the above policy of criticism but I've seen some real meanness going for many days. I visit this board to read and exchange ideas not personal attacks. :cry:

I don't get it... where/what was the personal attack?

#12 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

"It all boils down to us writing things in emails or posts that you would NEVER say in real life" this is certainly a cultural thing - typically american (and also a lot of other nationalities) a lot of people would rather be perceived as kind than start some sort of conflict with someone who plays no role in their life, and who can blame them - seems like the easiest solution

Edited by relax_dk, 15 July 2007 - 03:42 PM.

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

It now looks like Airedale's call for the 4.5 to bottom in late july is not going to happen.

I wouldn't count that out, but a bottom from what level?

Da-Cheif rocks.

Rogerdodger Jul 7 2007, 03:30 PM
Airedale has a longer term low near the last of July.
If we breakout next week and sentiment shows it's not believed, we could see a week or two more of higher highs, then a pullback.
If this is anywhere near as bullish as "some" think it is, that low may be a pimple on an elephant's...
:lol:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 July 2007 - 05:13 PM.

#14 moorso

moorso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

Its tough being a bull in a bull market.... ;)

Edited by moorso, 15 July 2007 - 06:33 PM.

mOOrso

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Russ said..."It now looks like Airedale's call for the 4.5 to bottom in late july is not going to happen."

Rogerdodger said...
"I wouldn't count that out, but a bottom from what level?"

The chances of a major 4.5 year cycle happening now at the end of July look to be nil to me.
http://bigcharts.mar...&mocktick=1.png

Edited by Russ, 15 July 2007 - 08:15 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

As many cycle theorists will note, some cycle lows are ones you drop into and some cycle lows are one you rise out of. As far back as a couple of months ago, Airedale did mention that if the underlying larger cycles were strong enough, that we would only see a consolidation in the major indicies for this 4.5 yr low. Thus far, that indeed is all that it appears to be panning out as. No fault to airedale if he positions for a bigger drop and it turns out to only be a consolidation. If lasts weeks breakout turns out to be a false start, we could in fact see a drop back to test the recent lows or say .618 retrace that would complete the consolidation phase. Echo