• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:51 AM

1556.18 and 1561.80 spx come back into play...a close above 1561.80...and we are going higher....either of those two numbers could top us.

tea, how did you calculate the 1561.80 number?

It's a bit hair brained...but if you really want to know.....Look at the May high....

Posted Image

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=M&st=1980-06-01&i=p79878474137&a=60339873&r=7439.png

#12 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

wowee, that is one long TL. That explains it - thnx Tea!

1556.18 and 1561.80 spx come back into play...a close above 1561.80...and we are going higher....either of those two numbers could top us.

tea, how did you calculate the 1561.80 number?

It's a bit hair brained...but if you really want to know.....Look at the May high....

Posted Image

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=M&st=1980-06-01&i=p79878474137&a=60339873&r=7439.png

“be right and sit tight”

#13 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Nav,

ES 1565 is pretty impressive overherad resistance you think there will be enough juice to break through it?

rkd,

I know one thing. If the gap does not close by 10:30 Est, bears are in serious trouble. Momo of the move is very high. I don't think 1565 would prove formidable.

*nod* you are good Nav, that is all i gotta say. real good.

rkd,

Thanks for the kind words B)

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#14 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

Don't tell me i didn't warn ya :) . Folks, i am sure you notice that we are having a ISLAND reversal on the ES.

Again, it's only a Island reversal, if the gap does not get filled. If the gap does not fill, then it's a breakaway variety and that would only confirm my wave 3 of 3 scenario.

Wave five has two targets, 1553 and 1560 from the 1533.67 low. So, we will find out between 14:30 today and 12:30 Friday which path is the truth, your 3 of 3 acceleration to 1600 or my wave five top drop to 1520 by next Friday. Could be one of those "FRIED DAYS" instead of a FRIDAY..... :cry: Gonna be fun either way for sure.

LT d:^)
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#15 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

Historically speaking tomorrow is a rather negative day acording to the almanac, although the numbers may have been skewed due to one particularly bad day in 2001
“be right and sit tight”

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

As I've said before, a joy to watch. You know, I've been at this since December 1982. I remember scalping IBM calls and puts for $25 net here, $100 net there. Occasionally I'd make a few hundred. Anyway, it has been a long trek. You'd think I'd have leaned all I could. You'd be wrong. I keep learning new stuff from folks here all the time. Sometimes it's just a heads up on something newly made, sometimes it's just fine tuning things I already knew, and sometimes it's revolutionary. You, Nav, and many others (I was going to mention them but then I was sure I'd leave out someone instrumental) are a treasure to this site and to traders in general. I was going to get into specific thanking, but frankly, I don't want the world to know exactly what I'm doing. I'll just say, thank you. Folks, read and watch the better traders here. They're generous and you'll be well rewarded. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

Scalping puts and calls in '82? How did you survive the commissions?

As I've said before, a joy to watch.

You know, I've been at this since December 1982. I remember scalping IBM calls and puts for $25 net here, $100 net there. Occasionally I'd make a few hundred. Anyway, it has been a long trek. You'd think I'd have leaned all I could. You'd be wrong.

I keep learning new stuff from folks here all the time. Sometimes it's just a heads up on something newly made, sometimes it's just fine tuning things I already knew, and sometimes it's revolutionary.

You, Nav, and many others (I was going to mention them but then I was sure I'd leave out someone instrumental) are a treasure to this site and to traders in general.

I was going to get into specific thanking, but frankly, I don't want the world to know exactly what I'm doing. I'll just say, thank you.

Folks, read and watch the better traders here. They're generous and you'll be well rewarded.

Mark

“be right and sit tight”

#18 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

My dad was a Sr. partner at a small brokerage firm. That's how I was able to get on a machine, too. Remember Quotron? I was trading for $25 commissions or similar. They were subsidizing my trading, but I think that the other partners figured that I'd be coming to work with them and that this was just training. ;)

You know, I've been at this since December 1982. I remember scalping IBM calls and puts for $25 net here, $100 net there. Occasionally I'd make a few hundred. Anyway, it has been a long trek. You'd think I'd have leaned all I could. You'd be wrong.

I keep learning new stuff from folks here all the time. Sometimes it's just a heads up on something newly made, sometimes it's just fine tuning things I already knew, and sometimes it's revolutionary.

You, Nav, and many others (I was going to mention them but then I was sure I'd leave out someone instrumental) are a treasure to this site and to traders in general.

I was going to get into specific thanking, but frankly, I don't want the world to know exactly what I'm doing. I'll just say, thank you.

Folks, read and watch the better traders here. They're generous and you'll be well rewarded.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#19 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Closed my IWM call options for a nice profit . That leaves me with just 1/3 ES position, which i will hold.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#20 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:50 AM

THats right you mentioned your dad before, yeah that makes sense. Unless you had those kind of connections scalping options at that time was probably impossible for most.

Mark

“be right and sit tight”