• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

There were deep discounters but not deep enough in most cases. Trading was tough back then. Today, what any J6P has at his disposal for <$100/mo beats what all but the biggest hedge funds had back then. It's really hugely empowering for the individual trader and investor. Of course, most find a way to screw it up. Only now, no brokers get to make any money when they do it. :lol: Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#22 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:04 AM

Times have certainly changed, but i am young and know things from the past from stories. :)

There were deep discounters but not deep enough in most cases. Trading was tough back then.

Today, what any J6P has at his disposal for <$100/mo beats what all but the biggest hedge funds had back then. It's really hugely empowering for the individual trader and investor. Of course, most find a way to screw it up. Only now, no brokers get to make any money when they do it. :lol:

Mark

“be right and sit tight”

#23 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

As I've said before, a joy to watch.

You know, I've been at this since December 1982. I remember scalping IBM calls and puts for $25 net here, $100 net there. Occasionally I'd make a few hundred. Anyway, it has been a long trek. You'd think I'd have leaned all I could. You'd be wrong.

I keep learning new stuff from folks here all the time. Sometimes it's just a heads up on something newly made, sometimes it's just fine tuning things I already knew, and sometimes it's revolutionary.

You, Nav, and many others (I was going to mention them but then I was sure I'd leave out someone instrumental) are a treasure to this site and to traders in general.

I was going to get into specific thanking, but frankly, I don't want the world to know exactly what I'm doing. I'll just say, thank you.

Folks, read and watch the better traders here. They're generous and you'll be well rewarded.

Mark

Mark thanks for having the board and I agree. This has been a great place to learn. Like you implied, it can take one 10, 20, 30 years and lifetime to learn some of the tricks of the trade. Here you are getting to learn it and apply it provided it that you are open to learning. You learn only when you have an open mind.

Thanks all momentum traders, chartist, technical analysts, traders and any contributors willing to step up to the plate to share what they learned over the years.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.