Bears will fail

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

My bet is that bears will fail. Indicators right now are far from bullish, but one thing you can count on is short covering. Bought NQ at 2044. It is a pleasure watching bears cover short positions. Oil is still strong and Dollar is still weak. The best possible combination for indexes. Denleo

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

GOOG good example of that...tested and held 504 horizontal and t/l in the premkt early session...and now it is 520 bears fail this time, and for now buy dips usually works AAPL now testing 141.84 day high

Edited by hiker, 20 July 2007 - 12:24 PM.

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

Thats the spirit :)

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

Denleo...how's that other position of yours...didn't you need 1570?

Edited by Teaparty, 20 July 2007 - 12:25 PM.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

There is a possibility of another intraday low on both ES and NQ, but not necessary. But ER2 looks like it has bottomed for the day.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Tea, I am still struggling with the other position. I either need SPX to go below 1525 (well, this is not going to happen) or to go to 1565 -- 1570 (should be next week). Denleo

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

There is a possibility of another intraday low on both ES and NQ, but not necessary. But ER2 looks like it has bottomed for the day.

I think we'll stabilize here for a few hours, as hourly ES got a bit oversold, but....

Brokers broke through previous lows with a vengeance on heavy volume. The charts are playing out as expected. Financials are weak weak weak. They are our new leader.

CAT implosion isn't helping industrials much either.

BRCM, XLNX and MSFT mediocre earnings aren't helping Nasdaq much.

Overall earnings this season are MEDIOCRE. 5-6% profit growth ? Gimme a break. the dollar fell almost as much this quarter. Excpectations were waay too high. And with Financials and smallcaps leading the way there is not much potential for any rally.

#8 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

I either need SPX to go below 1525 (well, this is not going to happen)....

Denleo

You may get it on Monday, Denis... :)

But I think the market is designed just for the guys with the same positions. I mean just to screw them up... :sweatingbullets:

#9 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

ogm, i am waiting for the oversold conditions to work off a bit and plan to add shorts somewhere around 2:30ish (unless it looks bad) as I think this slide will continue into Monday.

I think we'll stabilize here for a few hours, as hourly ES got a bit oversold, but....

Brokers broke through previous lows with a vengeance on heavy volume. The charts are playing out as expected. Financials are weak weak weak. They are our new leader.

CAT implosion isn't helping industrials much either.

BRCM, XLNX and MSFT mediocre earnings aren't helping Nasdaq much.

Overall earnings this season are MEDIOCRE. 5-6% profit growth ? Gimme a break. the dollar fell almost as much this quarter. Excpectations were waay too high. And with Financials and smallcaps leading the way there is not much potential for any rally.

“be right and sit tight”

#10 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

Financials are not leaders. They have been declining for weeks and the stock market ignored them. Leaders are the ones who lead on the upside. The rest I prefer to ignore. Denleo