Anyone who thinks tomorrow the market dumps

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

:) Breadth fell apart completely by the close. Once again we closed green on negative a/d. Equity call buyers were once again buying with both hands. People are compeletely trained to buy the dip. Equity put call in the first few minutes of trading was 0.35! And after that was holding steadily low all day, and closed at 0.53. Call volume was as high as last few days. Much heavier then average. Speculation is raging, and dip buyers rush into any dip in the trend. And yet, breadth is getting worse and worse. The broadest major Index, RUT, has closed red, after losing almost 8 points from intraday peak. Financials for the most part ended in the red too Overall bullish exhuberance is pretty high, and yet the market looks like crap.

#2 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

Still holding QID. Just barely missed being stopped out. Still holding SRS (inverse REITs)

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:18 PM

Still holding QID. Just barely missed being stopped out.

Still holding SRS (inverse REITs)

SKF and TWM looking good too. Both closed in the green today, with all this bullish hoopla :)

#4 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

I'd like it to. This up and down stuff is silly. Pick a direction then go.... :D
OTIS.

#5 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

SKF and TWM looking good too. Both closed in the green today, with all this bullish hoopla :)

Solar energy leaders powering along -- e.g., TSL up 5% and YGE up 9.5% today.

Amazing how many obsess over catching the "next big move down" while money is minted right under your nose .... :lol:

Edited by beta, 23 July 2007 - 03:52 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#6 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

Market needs disguise his move, everyone confused today! :P He needs to go down some and this is the only way he can do! Bullish after... jmho
Spesi FF

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:00 PM

Solar energy leaders powering along -- e.g., TSL up 5% and YGE up 9.5% today.

Amazing how many obsess over catching the "next big move down" while money is minted right under your nose .... :lol:

Well, you can make money both ways :) I'm long Cleantech and short just about everything else :)

Especcialy financials and retailers.

You were right on YGE, I never added, since I still think the market is suspect. But it did have a darn nice day. I'm hoping for FSLR to pull back one of these days too. I think they will be one of the largest players. But I'm too stingy to buy it up here.

I only added 2 positions today, both in Ethanol. I cut some USBE and added more ADM and VSE. I like that VSE bought more capacity today. And ADM chart ius just itching to take off to the moon. Actually 3, I added a tiny bit of TSL. Very tiny.

Speaking of TINY, take a look at the stock with that stock symbol. Nanotech venture capital firm. Once the IPO market starts heating up again, they'll have a couple companies ready to go. But its a pretty long shot. I own just a little bit.

Edited by ogm, 23 July 2007 - 04:03 PM.

#8 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

Comment of the day: Amazing how many obsess over catching the "next big move down" while money is minted right under your nose .... :lol: somehow there is something fascinating being short for the big sell off instead getting some boring but steady and meaningful love upwards

#9 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

All they need is one major M&A announcement... market goes up.

#10 Pabst

Pabst

• Traders-Talk User
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

I only added 2 positions today, both in Ethanol. I cut some USBE and added more ADM and VSE. I like that VSE bought more capacity today. And ADM chart ius just itching to take off to the moon. Actually 3, I added a tiny bit of TSL. Very tiny.

Do you have any thoughts on Corn futures? (I bought em' today but then again I buy them every day) :cry:

They were a bit anti-correlated to ADM during Corns rally phase.
Free market's for free men!