• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

Gold will die here shortly. Dollar is almost at 80 (80.05). many are long the dollar. We should see a substantial bounce. May want to sell gold shares here too. Too many are calling for a breakout. Gold should be much higher with the dollar at 80 here than it is. As soon as dollar bounces, everyone will be in la la land. :D
OTIS.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

I think Friday has the GDP. That could have an impact on gold/USD.

#3 johnmc

johnmc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

Also option expiration in a couple of days. Have to see what happens after that.

http://www.cbot.com/...ll 2007,00.html

#4 norton

norton

• TT Member
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

Rightly or wrongly per the result, I agree, I sold some Sept Silver short today at 13.43. It bothers me that the PMs have not reacted as bullishly as one would expect with the dollar so weak. Have not checked individual open interest of each related futures, but it feels like the world's specs are long, futures and PM stocks. Day 21 today up in silver and against downtrend line. Good enough reasons for me to get a little short in here, against the uptrend, may be too early, blah, could write a book of reasons why this is not a good idea. But, if it FEELS good, i gotta do it!

Edited by norton, 24 July 2007 - 07:21 PM.

Please, help stamp out vibration.

#5 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

May want to sell gold shares here too. Too many are calling for a breakout. Gold should be much higher with the dollar at 80 here than it is.

Last time I checked, the HGNSI index was near record lows (bullish), and the COTs were bullish.

The majority sentiment remains anti-gold and hoping for a dollar bounce -- but then, ad hoc sentiment readings are mostly a matter of personal opinion, arent they ? :D

Edited by beta, 24 July 2007 - 09:52 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:21 PM

Down a bit tonight so far.
Posted Image

#7 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:40 PM

Down a bit tonight so far.
Posted Image

660 support should hold IMO -- that seems to be the retrace target, non ?

Those gaps in the GLD chart are telling.
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#8 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:53 AM

Rightly or wrongly per the result, I agree, I sold some Sept Silver short today at 13.43.
It bothers me that the PMs have not reacted as bullishly as one would expect with the dollar so weak.
Have not checked individual open interest of each related futures, but it feels like the world's
specs are long, futures and PM stocks. Day 21 today up in silver and against downtrend line.
Good enough reasons for me to get a little short in here, against the uptrend, may be too early, blah,
could write a book of reasons why this is not a good idea. But, if it FEELS good, i gotta do it!

My analysis says gold is going up. I think we see a correction, but the planets are aligned as regards gold at this juncture.

It will be interesting.

Good luck.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.