• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:34 PM

Futures up and climbing tonight.

Gene Inger in the New Market Analysis Area refers to Hail Mary attempts to rebound:

Whether folks figuring out preceding run-up's were less just buying, and more short-covering, we will anticipate an exhaustion of reflex rebounds. But for now 'the boys' are regaining control; but it's borderline.

Speculative bubbles . . . notwithstanding scrutiny; Hindenburg omens typically and historically signaling more rallies than declines (sort of like the market that discounted all 9 of the last 3 recessions); or overwrought nervousness over a bond maven's call for the 'era of cheap money' to be over. .there are more basic factors front-and-center confronting the markets, irrespective of whether another 'hail Mary' rebound occurs.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 July 2007 - 11:38 PM.

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:47 AM

Futures up and climbing tonight.

Gene Inger in the New Market Analysis Area refers to Hail Mary attempts to rebound:

Whether folks figuring out preceding run-up's were less just buying, and more short-covering, we will anticipate an exhaustion of reflex rebounds. But for now 'the boys' are regaining control; but it's borderline.

Speculative bubbles . . . notwithstanding scrutiny; Hindenburg omens typically and historically signaling more rallies than declines (sort of like the market that discounted all 9 of the last 3 recessions); or overwrought nervousness over a bond maven's call for the 'era of cheap money' to be over. .there are more basic factors front-and-center confronting the markets, irrespective of whether another 'hail Mary' rebound occurs.

is he bullish short term or bearish?

he covers his arse both ways

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

Yes, no joke, I have the hardest time comprehending what Gene Inger is trying to say.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 donone

donone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:51 AM

Yes, no joke, I have the hardest time comprehending what Gene Inger
is trying to say.

I have been saying for months, keep an eye on the ASX 200. It has benefitted from the "carry trade" and is rolling over as the YEN firms. It is the best indicator of the direction of world equities.