To Jawndiseddi....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#11 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

I am positive you never traded the markets the last two days.

It's very foolish to make categorical assertions on matters about which you have no factual knowledge.

It was gut wrenching action for those who traded it and those who did, know it. Now go tell the market to curb it's appetite for action. The total range on hourly charts yesterday was nearly 100 ES points. That's how volatile the day was. No wonder i had three signals on the hourly in a day.

When you get a signal you gotta take it, whether trend or countertrend. darn right !. After the action is over, it's easy to comment that all that trading circus was unwarranted and the traders behaved like manic depressives and all they had to do was sit tight. Had one of those hourly signals taken off and ES had closed 30 points up, it would have been a different story. The whole trend trading community would have gone silent. I have seen that numerous times on this board. And if i were trading 100% leverage, beleive me i can sit like saint in meditation, without any concern for 10-20 point SPX noise. When you are trading leverage, it's a different story and 30 points could give you a serious drawdown. If i don't trade with leverage, beleive me, it's not worth my time. I would be washing dishes for a living (and i would have been qualified as a productive individual by Greenie, LOL).

By definition, anyone who trades futures is trading with leverage unless they're putting 100% of the value of the contract as margin.

Remember April 2005. Me and XD&Cox were the only traders, i recall who were long that day of the bottom. The MCO configuration was eerily similar to one we have today around -100. One of those countertrend hourly signals took off and we closed up nearly 30 points up that day and then the market never looked back. It just takes a spark here to produce one of those 30-40 points SPX rally. One has to be on an alert for such moves. It pays to play every one of these signals at this stage (trend and countertrend).

As for the TA meeting the reality, reality is the market and the price. The rest are opinions, darn opinions and delusional perceptions. Those delusional perceptions generally meet the reality right near the bull market tops and bear market bottoms.

Yes, I know, all good traders must constantly genuflect before the altar of price -- even if they get whiplash in the process. :lol:

But more seriously, you sound stressed and quite emotional. Maybe you should take a break from all this "gut wrenching action." And clearly, you're not the only one: our immoderate moderator this morning is raising his voice at me in one thread and deleting my posts in another. Too funny. He took a little haircut on the pullback this week, I imagine. :D
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#12 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

:)
jawndissedi

ENOUGH ALREADY. Take a clue and be nice instead of playing "gatch'ya last"

mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#13 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

I don't know which moderator you're talking about, but I know that I made good money this week, though not as much as NAV did. It's stressfull riding good positions in a volatile market. I couldn't bring myself to get my folks day trading in it. It's too fast and to easy to get hurt if you're relying on somone else.

Making that call was stressful too.

I DO, however, expect you and everyone else to mellow out.

M

I am positive you never traded the markets the last two days.

It's very foolish to make categorical assertions on matters about which you have no factual knowledge.

It was gut wrenching action for those who traded it and those who did, know it. Now go tell the market to curb it's appetite for action. The total range on hourly charts yesterday was nearly 100 ES points. That's how volatile the day was. No wonder i had three signals on the hourly in a day.

When you get a signal you gotta take it, whether trend or countertrend. darn right !. After the action is over, it's easy to comment that all that trading circus was unwarranted and the traders behaved like manic depressives and all they had to do was sit tight. Had one of those hourly signals taken off and ES had closed 30 points up, it would have been a different story. The whole trend trading community would have gone silent. I have seen that numerous times on this board. And if i were trading 100% leverage, beleive me i can sit like saint in meditation, without any concern for 10-20 point SPX noise. When you are trading leverage, it's a different story and 30 points could give you a serious drawdown. If i don't trade with leverage, beleive me, it's not worth my time. I would be washing dishes for a living (and i would have been qualified as a productive individual by Greenie, LOL).

By definition, anyone who trades futures is trading with leverage unless they're putting 100% of the value of the contract as margin.

Remember April 2005. Me and XD&Cox were the only traders, i recall who were long that day of the bottom. The MCO configuration was eerily similar to one we have today around -100. One of those countertrend hourly signals took off and we closed up nearly 30 points up that day and then the market never looked back. It just takes a spark here to produce one of those 30-40 points SPX rally. One has to be on an alert for such moves. It pays to play every one of these signals at this stage (trend and countertrend).

As for the TA meeting the reality, reality is the market and the price. The rest are opinions, darn opinions and delusional perceptions. Those delusional perceptions generally meet the reality right near the bull market tops and bear market bottoms.

Yes, I know, all good traders must constantly genuflect before the altar of price -- even if they get whiplash in the process. :lol:

But more seriously, you sound stressed and quite emotional. Maybe you should take a break from all this "gut wrenching action." And clearly, you're not the only one: our immoderate moderator this morning is raising his voice at me in one thread and deleting my posts in another. Too funny. He took a little haircut on the pullback this week, I imagine. :D

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter