Nasty Sentiment after today's reversal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

I always try to guess where Sentimentrader.com will land.
After losing all of today's gains and closing negative, I thought it might show a bearish spike.
But nope. It eased again from Friday & Monday's extreme bearishness to nearly neutral.
I knew that was not good.
Then I saw tonight's futures. :blink:

Posted Image

What happened to 18K?
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 July 2007 - 09:54 PM.

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:57 PM

Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Advertisment

The Rasmussen Consumer Index surged three and a half points today to 108.8. Despite today's gain, however, today's Index is down six and a half points from a week ago, a half a point from a month ago and six points from three months ago.

Nationally, 34% of adults rate the U.S. economy as either good or excellent these days. That's compared to 38% who say the economy is fair and 26% who rate the economy as poor.

The Rasmussen Investor Index rose a little over two points today. At 133.0, the Index is nine and a half points below its reading a week ago and one and a half points lower than a month ago. The Index is, however, eleven and a half points higher than its reading a year ago. Among Investors, 47% believe the U.S. economy is in good or excellent condition lately, while 15% think the economy is doing poorly.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:44 AM

Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Advertisment

The Rasmussen Consumer Index surged three and a half points today to 108.8. Despite today's gain, however, today's Index is down six and a half points from a week ago, a half a point from a month ago and six points from three months ago.

Nationally, 34% of adults rate the U.S. economy as either good or excellent these days. That's compared to 38% who say the economy is fair and 26% who rate the economy as poor.

The Rasmussen Investor Index rose a little over two points today. At 133.0, the Index is nine and a half points below its reading a week ago and one and a half points lower than a month ago. The Index is, however, eleven and a half points higher than its reading a year ago. Among Investors, 47% believe the U.S. economy is in good or excellent condition lately, while 15% think the economy is doing poorly.

I spent a while going all over the net tonight, looking at "what are you going to do -- look to sell, look to buy, hold fast" kinda polls. ALL of them were about 10-15% looking to sell, 50% or so looking to buy, the rest hold fast.

Reminds me A LOT of 2000!
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.