Photo

Memphis Dog shoots his owner. UFO you ok?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

A Memphis, Tenn., man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot him in the back.

"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com.
"He was always protective. I didn't think he would be like that."

:blink:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2007 - 09:04 PM.

#2 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Whoa! Whatta bummer. No Rog....I haven't lived in Memphis proper in over 20 years, I live in Germantown.....a better suburb, IM and most HO's. My question is not why this low-brow left a pistol sitting on the dresser that his dog could access.....it's why he's only packing a 22-caliber to begin with? What's he protecting against? A breakin of squirrels? LOL! That's not enough firepower. The least of my pistols is .380 (essentially a 9mm short) and I don't feel secure when carrying that. 9mm is the basic self-defense round. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:19 AM

:) I have a H&R .22w 6" barrel, I can take you down at 50 yards with a hollow point. With time to aim I can end your life. Can you do that with a .38? ;) mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 norton

norton

• TT Member
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:02 AM

Will definately spend the rest of my life in jail for murder if kill someone from 50 yards away, but I admire the shooting ability! Went throuh Concealed Weapon Carry class, now carry Kahr 9mm IWB or ankle holster. Wifette has Smith and Wesson 357 revolver, bedroom sawed off 12 guage shotgun, and a Glock 40 in my motorcycle tankbag. The family that shoots together, stays together.
Please, help stamp out vibration.

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

Will definately spend the rest of my life in jail for murder if kill someone from 50 yards away, but I
admire the shooting ability!
Went throuh Concealed Weapon Carry class, now carry Kahr 9mm IWB or ankle holster.
Wifette has Smith and Wesson 357 revolver, bedroom sawed off 12 guage shotgun, and a Glock 40
in my motorcycle tankbag. The family that shoots together, stays together.

:D .....sawed off 12 guage shotgun... OO buckshot/magn load ?? FED. PRISON STUFF :lol:
357S&W 3" barrel, nice!
BTW, have CWC, marksman & sharpshooter rated. :ninja:
From the other end of the state ;)
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#6 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

mss.....I probably have more guns than you have keys on your computer keyboard, but that's beside the point. .22 caliber is a crap self defense round. If I have to explain why that is to you, there's a deeper problem here. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#7 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

mss....- .22 caliber is a crap self defense round. If I have to explain why that is to you, there's a deeper problem here.
U.F.O.

No explaination needed. Just making a point that when used correctly, as with all wepons, not that bad.
In your collection do you by chance have a Springfield .306?

BTW: when did Germantown go upscale? :D
mss