Bulls 23%, Bears 67%, Neutral 10%

#2 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

Lowrisk.com
Bulls 23%, Bears 67%, Neutral 10%

So, if there are a lots of bears that is bullish? Not.....Just the facts, Sir ( Old Dragnet TV line)
This market started with the highest short interest.....From the lastest reporting (7/20/2007)....Source: The WSJ....9.3 Billion shares were sold short.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:22 AM

Paul, Low Risk is a poll of small speculators. Mostly amateur market timers. In general they are very exploitable. When this poll is excessive and agrees with some of my other sentiment work I consider it a set-up for a move. This was coincident (Tuesday) with other measures telling us to look long yesterday, for a multi-day rally. See my thoughts below. It's just one piece of the puzzle but it's a pretty good one, still. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

Paul,

Low Risk is a poll of small speculators. Mostly amateur market timers. In general they are very exploitable.

When this poll is excessive and agrees with some of my other sentiment work I consider it a set-up for a move.

This was coincident (Tuesday) with other measures telling us to look long yesterday, for a multi-day rally.

See my thoughts below.

It's just one piece of the puzzle but it's a pretty good one, still.

Mark

Mark,

Please comment on this article.....The guys with the big bucks were wrong at this market top.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

Paul,

Low Risk is a poll of small speculators. Mostly amateur market timers. In general they are very exploitable.

When this poll is excessive and agrees with some of my other sentiment work I consider it a set-up for a move.

This was coincident (Tuesday) with other measures telling us to look long yesterday, for a multi-day rally.

See my thoughts below.

It's just one piece of the puzzle but it's a pretty good one, still.

Mark

Mark,

Please comment on this article.....The guys with the big bucks were wrong at this market top.....

I don't want to seem glib, but I only have time for a quick look at the article. It seems to support my feeling that such sentiment data isn't as reliable as what I'm already using. <shrug>

I've tried using that data before and it was tough for me to have confidence in my read.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter