My gut stinks....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

That's why i have a system. My last combo buy signal was good for 35 points, although that signal was tough to trade given that it whipsawed before it took off. Today was another good signal, which was tough to take, had you relied on your gut. As i posted in my "Hourly..." thread, a bounce was when the signal should have been taken. So if you shorted the bounce to ES 1474, it was good for 38 points. If the signal was taken right at the bar close at ES 1470.50, it was good for 35 points. It was an extremely good day for me. Hope you all made some money out of it. To all those who beleive that VST timing is futile and markets are too noisy to be timed in the lower timeframes, please keep thinking that way. We don't need too many VST guys crowding the arena :D My LT outlook remains the same. But i was completely wrong in my IT outlook. As for the IT, i think we are already in that dreaded X-wave that i posted in my long term thoughts. It's very hard to determine where exactly this wave is going to bottom. I am thinking ES 1410-1390. What is happening is we are forming not just a IT bottom, but a major bottom which should be good for years and not months. More on that in my blog this weekend.... As for the ST, we are again close to a bounce here. The internal climax is done. We should bounce another 50-60 SPX points here and then head towards a nasty price climax. Trade safe..... Been posting too much stuff here. Will rest for a while and comeback. If i see anything important, i will post here. Good trading folks !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

dont go too far and dont go for too long. I really appreciate your posts. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#3 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

I thought for sure that your combo buy had failed when it violated your hourly bar and went nearly 20 points against you. And today it sounded like you missed the move waiting for an overbought condition. Good to hear that they both worked out for you.

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:42 PM

I thought for sure that your combo buy had failed when it violated your hourly bar and went nearly 20 points against you. And today it sounded like you missed the move waiting for an overbought condition. Good to hear that they both worked out for you.

CAzzaro,

If you have noticed, i am not posting any trades here for more than a week and i stated it in one of my posts, cuz i am trying some new money management rules. Those rules require multiple levels of scaling in and scaling out and in VST timeframes. So it's not practical for me to post those trades here. And that's not my business. So i must be sitting by the poolside and enjoying the sun in your opinion. Well, so be it.

But in case, you want to know the truth......I never mentioned anywhere on this board that i made money out of that combo buy signal. I got whipsawed that day and on balance lost money. And the rally was so fast that i could not get aboard it in time. As for today, i made two round trips of short - one at the bar close and took profits. I shorted the bounce again and covered at 1455 again (too early). The reason i miss some signals is because of my money management rules (requires a wide stop) and has got nothing to do with the signal. The reason i don't sometimes ride the signals to the end is also the because of my money management rules (risk/reward objective met) and has got nothing to do with the signal.

Heck, i dont' even know why i try to explain myself here. I dont' make a penny here posting those signals. I am not fishing for any subscribers here.

Not a single useful post from you so far. How do i know that i can always count on sarcasm from some self-appointed police here ? You must be knowing someone called IndexTrader ????? :lol: :lol:

Thank you.

Edited by NAV, 03 August 2007 - 11:43 PM.

#5 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:46 PM

That's why i have a system. My last combo buy signal was good for 35 points, although that signal was tough to trade given that it whipsawed before it took off. Today was another good signal, which was tough to take, had you relied on your gut. As i posted in my "Hourly..." thread, a bounce was when the signal should have been taken. So if you shorted the bounce to ES 1474, it was good for 38 points. If the signal was taken right at the bar close at ES 1470.50, it was good for 35 points. It was an extremely good day for me. Hope you all made some money out of it. To all those who beleive that VST timing is futile and markets are too noisy to be timed in the lower timeframes, please keep thinking that way. We don't need too many VST guys crowding the arena :D

My LT outlook remains the same. But i was completely wrong in my IT outlook. As for the IT, i think we are already in that dreaded X-wave that i posted in my long term thoughts. It's very hard to determine where exactly this wave is going to bottom. I am thinking ES 1410-1390. What is happening is we are forming not just a IT bottom, but a major bottom which should be good for years and not months. More on that in my blog this weekend....

As for the ST, we are again close to a bounce here. The internal climax is done. We should bounce another 50-60 SPX points here and then head towards a nasty price climax. Trade safe.....

Been posting too much stuff here. Will rest for a while and comeback. If i see anything important, i will post here. Good trading folks !

nav, do you think we hit 1410 and then rally 50 points on es or do we rally 50 points first and then go down to 1410

thanks

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

That's why i have a system. My last combo buy signal was good for 35 points, although that signal was tough to trade given that it whipsawed before it took off. Today was another good signal, which was tough to take, had you relied on your gut. As i posted in my "Hourly..." thread, a bounce was when the signal should have been taken. So if you shorted the bounce to ES 1474, it was good for 38 points. If the signal was taken right at the bar close at ES 1470.50, it was good for 35 points. It was an extremely good day for me. Hope you all made some money out of it. To all those who beleive that VST timing is futile and markets are too noisy to be timed in the lower timeframes, please keep thinking that way. We don't need too many VST guys crowding the arena :D

My LT outlook remains the same. But i was completely wrong in my IT outlook. As for the IT, i think we are already in that dreaded X-wave that i posted in my long term thoughts. It's very hard to determine where exactly this wave is going to bottom. I am thinking ES 1410-1390. What is happening is we are forming not just a IT bottom, but a major bottom which should be good for years and not months. More on that in my blog this weekend....

As for the ST, we are again close to a bounce here. The internal climax is done. We should bounce another 50-60 SPX points here and then head towards a nasty price climax. Trade safe.....

Been posting too much stuff here. Will rest for a while and comeback. If i see anything important, i will post here. Good trading folks !

nav, do you think we hit 1410 and then rally 50 points on es or do we rally 50 points first and then go down to 1410

thanks

ironcross,

My hourly is still on a sell. Until it gives a buy again, we have give the benefit of doubt to more downside here. Any recovery will always show up first on the hourly charts. 5-min buys in this market is good for 5-minutes. 30-min buys are flaky these days, given the fast nature of the markets. That's why i have switched
to hourly charts.

The reason i am expecting a bounce here is because, for the first time, i am seeing divergences on the daily charts since this decline started. The weekly CCI is deep in a hole and is the most oversold since 1994. But again, we need a confirmation on the hourly before we can safely go long.

#7 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

Not a single useful post from you so far. How do i know that i can always count on sarcasm from some self-appointed police here ? You must be knowing someone called IndexTrader ????? :lol: :lol:

Thank you.

Trying to keep a low profile, but you outed me I guess. :lol:

No intent of sarcasm there Nav. That's just how you took it. I find nothing to edit or change in my comments.

IndexTrader (posting from wife CAzzaro's computer)

Edited by CAzzaro, 04 August 2007 - 12:31 AM.

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:42 AM

Thank you.

No intent of sarcasm there Nav. That's just how you took it. I find nothing to edit or change in my comments.

Again, dig up that post and show me where i said i made money on that combo buy signal. Otherwise, you are just misrepresenting the facts.

#9 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:35 AM

Thank you.

Again, dig up that post and show me where i said i made money on that combo buy signal. Otherwise, you are just misrepresenting the facts.

Here's what I said about your combo buy:

I thought for sure that your combo buy had failed when it violated your hourly bar and went nearly 20 points against you.

Note...I only referred to your signal and what happened immediately after the signal. I made no comment at all about whether you made money or not. Not sure where you're getting this "misrepresentation" thing from.

Edited by CAzzaro, 04 August 2007 - 02:37 AM.

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:10 AM

Indextrader,

I am only posting my signals here. You are making assumptions about my trades.

I thought for sure that your combo buy had failed when it violated your hourly bar and went nearly 20 points against you

Partially true. I took the trade at ES 1959 and got stopped out after it hit my 8 point stop limit. It did not go 20 points against me. I never sit and pray on my trades. My stop losses are generally 6 points and max 8 points on ES, relative to this current market volatility. When the market volatility decreases, i generally have 4-6 point stops.

And today it sounded like you missed the move waiting for an overbought condition

Again you are making assumptions and you are completely wrong there. I went short at the hourly bar close at 1470.50, when i posted the signal, and covered for 6 points profit. I again went short at 1470 and 1473 on the bounce, and covered for 17 points profit.

By the time i took the trade and posted the signal, ES was already trading at 1466 and it was too risky for anyone to take that trade at that point. That's why i threw a caution saying that waiting for a bounce was prudent. And those Fast Oscillators did not lie. There came a bounce to 1474.

Good to hear that they both worked out for you.

Wrong again. One worked out. One did not.

Now those are the facts. Now going forward, please resist from making assumptions about my trades and how i trade, when i don't explicitly post my trades.

Edited by NAV, 04 August 2007 - 03:20 AM.