Every one knows about bear stearns now

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

My read? I wouldn't touch BSC with a ten foot pole. If there's anything off color, this one could evaporate. I'm not saying it will or even that I think such is reasonably likely.

Jut too darned likely for my taste. There's other, cheaper, safer things to buy.

M

Are they playing with their own money?

#12 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

My read? I wouldn't touch BSC with a ten foot pole. If there's anything off color, this one could evaporate. I'm not saying it will or even that I think such is reasonably likely.

Jut too darned likely for my taste. There's other, cheaper, safer things to buy.

M

Are they playing with their own money?

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard in Finance. Their Own Money. Ha-ha-ha. They are an institution. They know that markets are risky.

Denleo

#13 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:30 PM

I have a question: Can diligent fundamental investigation be bullish? Or is it bearish only?

Denleo

We follow a secular theme based on K-wave picture -- bearish stock/housing, bullish treasury bond, bearish dollar, bullish gold and confused to bearish commodities. Within that picture, we find the most vulnerable/exciting candidates and take LT positions. Sure, that kept us away from many other bull and bear markets (e.g. the BSE bull market from 2003-now), but provides us with ample opportunities to make money. The idea of choosing that secular theme is even if we need to be away from our portfolio for a month, we do not want to come back surprised.

I have been consistently bullish on treasury bonds ever since I started posting here. Others expected crash. Also, I traded bullish positions in gold stocks from 2002-06, and made heavily bullish posts on them here in early 2006. You are probably new to this board and have not seen those posts.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !