Covered all !

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

Rest of my OEX puts right here near ES 1572 for 90% profits on the premium. That was a nice 33 SPX points ride. Strategy is to reshort any bounce, if it comes. If it collapses, i will relax the rest of the day watching the fun.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

That explains the bounce we are having. lol
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#3 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:56 AM

NAV, the master of short term trading I am more patient.... :P Insider ;)
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,036 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:06 AM

Nicely done both you guys! A joy to watch. I really wish I was with you, but I can't trade a market like this unless I'm very sharp...and I'm not right now. It's probably not a good idea to do it for subscribers either. Fast markets like this can get people screwed up... M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

I don't feel so bad then. This is way out of my league. I can't help trying to trade it. But I've cut my size way down.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#6 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

Rest of my OEX puts right here near ES 1572 for 90% profits on the premium. That was a nice 33 SPX points ride. Strategy is to reshort any bounce, if it comes. If it collapses, i will relax the rest of the day watching the fun.

Delta day one inversion day today, we did trade below 1477 so no failure. Odds are have a low at 1471 ES now on the way to 1533, short the daylights out of it there.

B)

Edited by LarryT, 09 August 2007 - 09:18 AM.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#7 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

You guys are much better short term traders than I. Much better. I can't do it.

Anyway, I have the market in a 4 from Monday's low. I am long from Monday morning and watching for the moment.

Again, I just can't trade like you guys. More power to you.

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

Delta day one inversion day today, we did trade below 1477 so no failure. Odds are have a low at 1471 ES now on the way to 1533, short the daylights out of it there.

B)

Look at the A/D line 83% decl vs 15% adv. I would be really really sursprised if we stage a recovery today. Could end up as a down "Trend day" closing at the lows of the day. JMO.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#9 ken29

ken29

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

I think what is funny is that yesterday the bulls said......."look at the A/D, its a broad based rally" and then today is a complete reversal :P

#10 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

B)

Look at the A/D line 83% decl vs 15% adv. I would be really really sursprised if we stage a recovery today. Could end up as a down "Trend day" closing at the lows of the day. JMO.

Therin lies the problem with the day one inversion day. It can easily reverse on these cycle turn inversion days, that is how we spot them in an initial analysis, get 10 charts, stack them vertical, look for the high volatility days, align them verticaly and you have found the inversion pattern.

Larry
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)