• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

larry,

Could you comment more on these inversion days. Not familiar with the term and would like to learn more, thanks a bunch in advance. Just trying to scrounge up any information I can.

Rest of my OEX puts right here near ES 1572 for 90% profits on the premium. That was a nice 33 SPX points ride. Strategy is to reshort any bounce, if it comes. If it collapses, i will relax the rest of the day watching the fun.

Delta day one inversion day today, we did trade below 1477 so no failure. Odds are have a low at 1471 ES now on the way to 1533, short the daylights out of it there.

B)

Look at the A/D line 83% decl vs 15% adv. I would be really really sursprised if we stage a recovery today. Could end up as a down "Trend day" closing at the lows of the day. JMO.

Therin lies the problem with the day one inversion day. It can easily reverse on these cycle turn inversion days, that is how we spot them in an initial analysis, get 10 charts, stack them vertical, look for the high volatility days, align them verticaly and you have found the inversion pattern.

Larry

“be right and sit tight”

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

Rest of my OEX puts right here near ES 1572 for 90% profits on the premium. That was a nice 33 SPX points ride. Strategy is to reshort any bounce, if it comes. If it collapses, i will relax the rest of the day watching the fun.

Delta day one inversion day today, we did trade below 1477 so no failure. Odds are have a low at 1471 ES now on the way to 1533, short the daylights out of it there.

B)

Look at the A/D line 83% decl vs 15% adv. I would be really really sursprised if we stage a recovery today. Could end up as a down "Trend day" closing at the lows of the day. JMO.

Therin lies the problem with the day one inversion day. It can easily reverse on these cycle turn inversion days, that is how we spot them in an initial analysis, get 10 charts, stack them vertical, look for the high volatility days, align them verticaly and you have found the inversion pattern.

Larry

Larry,

I think you maybe right here. Bastages are upto something.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

larry,

Could you comment more on these inversion days. Not familiar with the term and would like to learn more, thanks a bunch in advance. Just trying to scrounge up any information I can.

B)

Larry

Way to complex to discuss on a message board. You might find a used copy of Wells Wilders THE DELTA PHENOMENUM at Amazon or ebay. Covered in complex detail in that book, bought it in 1994. Today is four day cycle day one. Simply mark a calendar 1, 2, 3, 4, 1 ,2, 3, 4 and as a larger cycle is due to turn like today you will find a volatile move early on day 1 that is reversed. Inversions happen about 30% of the time and most often as the Moon is crossing the equator.

Larry
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#14 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

thanks larry, i will check it out.

larry,

B)

Larry

Way to complex to discuss on a message board. You might find a used copy of Wells Wilders THE DELTA PHENOMENUM at Amazon or ebay. Covered in complex detail in that book, bought it in 1994. Today is four day cycle day one. Simply mark a calendar 1, 2, 3, 4, 1 ,2, 3, 4 and as a larger cycle is due to turn like today you will find a volatile move early on day 1 that is reversed. Inversions happen about 30% of the time and most often as the Moon is crossing the equator.

Larry

“be right and sit tight”