• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

ECB allots 94.84 bln eur of funds to 49 banks to calm down money markets UPDATE

(Updates to recast and provide further details)

FRANKFURT (Thomson Financial) - The European Central Bank (ECB) today injected into the money market an unprecedented 94.84 bln eur in a move to meet a liquidity shortage amidst what it called "tensions" in the euro area money markets.

Based on the ECB data, the amount is the biggest yet in the bank's market liquidity fine-tuning operations, which involve either injecting liquidity or absorbing liquidity.

Earlier today, the ECB called an unannounced one-day quick tender, saying it would allot 100 pct of the bids, which ECB observers said means the bank would meet all the amounts of cash which borrowers would want to have.

"This liquidity-providing fine-tuning operation aims to assure orderly conditions in the euro money market. The ECB intends to allot 100 percent of the bids it receives," the ECB said when it called for the tender.

Earlier on this morning, the ECB made a highly unusual move of announcing directly to the financial markets that it was "ready to act" to ensure orderly conditions exist in the money market.

"The ECB notes that there are tensions in the euro money market notwithstanding the normal supply of aggregate euro liquidity," it said at about 11.30 am BST.

"The ECB is closely monitoring the situation and stands ready to act to ensure orderly conditions in the euro money market," it added, without specifying at that time what it would actually do.
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#2 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

These are old news! Look at http://www.traders-t...showtopic=74235

FED also added $25bl
links on there

ECB allots 94.84 bln eur of funds to 49 banks to calm down money markets UPDATE

(Updates to recast and provide further details)

FRANKFURT (Thomson Financial) - The European Central Bank (ECB) today injected into the money market an unprecedented 94.84 bln eur in a move to meet a liquidity shortage amidst what it called "tensions" in the euro area money markets.

Based on the ECB data, the amount is the biggest yet in the bank's market liquidity fine-tuning operations, which involve either injecting liquidity or absorbing liquidity.

Earlier today, the ECB called an unannounced one-day quick tender, saying it would allot 100 pct of the bids, which ECB observers said means the bank would meet all the amounts of cash which borrowers would want to have.

"This liquidity-providing fine-tuning operation aims to assure orderly conditions in the euro money market. The ECB intends to allot 100 percent of the bids it receives," the ECB said when it called for the tender.

Earlier on this morning, the ECB made a highly unusual move of announcing directly to the financial markets that it was "ready to act" to ensure orderly conditions exist in the money market.

"The ECB notes that there are tensions in the euro money market notwithstanding the normal supply of aggregate euro liquidity," it said at about 11.30 am BST.

"The ECB is closely monitoring the situation and stands ready to act to ensure orderly conditions in the euro money market," it added, without specifying at that time what it would actually do.

#3 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

Old, Old, Old....good news :lol: Insider
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

Old, Old, Old....good news :lol:

Insider

Where does this money come from? As a matter of interest?

Is it held in some reserve somewhere? For emergencies?
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

Insider

Everyone's pocket. They make it up, print more, and lower the value of everyone's money. Heck I wish the Fed just dumped money into my pocket when I f8cked up, and let evryone else pay for it. You know like insurance fraud, money laundering, tax evasion....its all "free money."
OTIS.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

That really "bugs" me.
I keep trying to kill it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image :lol:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 August 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

Insider

Everyone's pocket. They make it up, print more, and lower the value of everyone's money. Heck I wish the Fed just dumped money into my pocket when I f8cked up, and let evryone else pay for it. You know like insurance fraud, money laundering, tax evasion....its all "free money."

What are you saying they literally get some paper and then print some money and then give that money to the bank? It seems crazy situation if what u say is true. Basically if they always do that, then there is no longer such a thing as risk, that is..........until thing really go wrong and the money isnt worth mnuch so the more that is printed the more worthless it becomes and the more that is required to print.

ie the impact of new printed money becomes less valueable. then again, so what, we all have to use some currency and as long as people use money/paper, that paper will continue to have value.
Observer

#8 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

why do you think dollar has lost its value and you also have high inflation?

Insider

What are you saying they literally get some paper and then print some money and then give that money to the bank? It seems crazy situation if what u say is true. Basically if they always do that, then there is no longer such a thing as risk, that is..........until thing really go wrong and the money isnt worth mnuch so the more that is printed the more worthless it becomes and the more that is required to print.

ie the impact of new printed money becomes less valueable. then again, so what, we all have to use some currency and as long as people use money/paper, that paper will continue to have value.

#9 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

Insider

I dont believe it, I think its made up.
Observer

#10 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

Insider

I dont believe it, I think its made up.

Let's see. The value of the dollar has dropped 95 cents since b4 the 1930's. Its called FIAT. As in no guarantee it be worth anything in the future. How would they flood the market with liquidity ? They can take on more debt, but then there would have to be a counter-party. There is no counterparty here. Its a big hot potatoe and shell game. They are "printing money." If they can take it out of circulation, then they can surely put more in it. Make sense yet ?
OTIS.