• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 xe2dy

xe2dy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

Finally I can agree with Denleo :P

Yeah I can't believe that the word "Crash" came from his finger tips! When Vector uses that word I'll know it's time to cover shorts and go long!!! :P

#12 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

so what you're saying is you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN its going to bounce and can't get any worse. ???

No, after trading for a living for 25 years-I'm much better than that. I know that keeping an open mind is the path to the greatest profits, while limiting risk. I've also learned what makes a reasonable fade.

Edited by thespookyone, 09 August 2007 - 10:13 PM.

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

Bah humbug, you call a barely 5% drop in DJIA over several days a crash? Were you even in the market in 1987? I was, and THAT was a real crash. DJIA down 20% in one day! There are too many "buy the dip" bulls out there to crash. We will need another 10% decline before a crash mentality can take hold. There is only some fear but no panic yet. And panic can't begin unless SPX drops below 1300 and DJIA below 12000 in a matter of a few weeks.

Edited by pdx5, 09 August 2007 - 10:40 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:20 AM

We have to CRASH.
Denleo

We don't have to.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#15 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:31 AM

ECB is continuing to injecting more liquidity. Its a three day window during which they are going to conduct these infusions. Australia and Japan also injected liquidity. Clearly this is systemic and and is affecting the global banking system in ways that we the public may not fully understand. The liquidity injections and the fear levels, far from being supportive of the market are going to exacerbate the decline IMHO. Bargain hunters, sniffing how dire the situaton is are going to wait for lower prices. After all, we are not even 10% off the highs. Big equity holders (think institutions) may be tempted to liquidate their holdings on the central bank liquidity injections. Long GS puts.

Edited by kaiser soze, 10 August 2007 - 03:32 AM.