• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:09 AM

It's Saturday, so am posting this off topic ... saw Willie Nelson last night at the Backyard. Have new appreciation for his guitar skills (incredible). It was a benefit for the decriminalization of marijuana, and he sang a new song about his arrest (funny). It was also one of the only nights that they allowed cameras and recorders into the open air, Backyard venue (Willie request, apparently) ... so I recorded the whole thing and made a CD (turned out great!). Perfect Texas evening. Happy Saturday, C.C. (JG - remember your Willie post while I was away last year - loved it!) :P

Edited by calmcookie, 11 August 2007 - 08:14 AM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

CC are you for decriminalization of pot? Personally I do not use anything illegal, however I am for decriminalization. It will save us a fortune in jails, prisons, judges, lawyers, bailiffs, court clerks, police, etc etc. for something which is no worse than abusing alcohol & tobacco. And by the way my wife and I were on a cruise with a C&W theme. I was amazed how good the performers were, vocal & instrumental skills. Jerry Reed is a fabulous entertainer and also Dotty West.

Edited by pdx5, 11 August 2007 - 10:09 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

People who live near Austin, Tx.
They have all the fun. :(

Hugh Nelson (Willie) made a fortune writing "Crazy" way back in 1961!

Patsy Cline's recording was the #1 juke box record for DECADES.
Each time it was played, Willie got a check... and bought pot with it.
But he forgot to pay his taxes.
Now he can't even afford a new guitar. ;-)

Listen to crazy

Posted Image[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Po1ojgNFxh6T2M:http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/3621/music_feature-39319.jpeg[/img]

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 August 2007 - 12:11 PM.

#4 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hi Pdx5 (what does that stand for?) ... and Roger,

You asked about pot ... I don't use pot and rarely use alcohol ... but I've spent over 24 years looking at the biochemistry of how FOOD acts like a drug, so I feel GREAT without any pot or alcohol. Alot of people were drunk last night and they won't feel so hot this morning, but I felt fantastic and just came back from cycling around the lake.

Specific food components have powerful drug like effects on the body. Trouble is, people don't believe it, because they don't understand. Let me give you one example, then I'll post others on the health board -

High Fructose corn syrup ... which is in dozens of different foods, is known to block a hormone called "Leptin". Leptin is ESSENTIAL for signalling satiety (satisfaction) to your brain. No leptin? You are much more likely to overeat. This is one of many examples.

Enough of this, here.

And Roger ... yes, that Patsy Cline song was a huge hit ... unfortunately, she met an early death. And as far as Willie not being able to afford a new guitar ... you're right about the tax thing, but a few of his well heeled friends baled him out, and don't think he's hurtin' too bad NOW. ;) :)

Long life to all, C.C. (and I agree that having a little pot should NOT be a criminal offense - excess alcohol is much worse. If the government could tax pot the way they do alcohol, it would quickly be legal ... I detest government meddling)

Edited by calmcookie, 11 August 2007 - 12:33 PM.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

Loretta Lynn remembers the first time Cline performed it at the Grand Ole Opry on crutches, she received three standing ovations. Barbara Mandrell remembers Cline introducing the song to her audiences live in concert saying "I had a hit out called "I Fall to Pieces" and I was in a car wreck. Now I'm really worred because I have a new hit single out and its called "Crazy".

She was killed a short time after that. :unsure:

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

pdx = Pretty Damm eXciting person :lol: . . . . . . . jest aside, pdx is simply the 3 letter code for Portland International Airport, something I can remember :lol:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

It's Saturday, so am posting this off topic ... saw Willie Nelson last night at the Backyard. Have new appreciation for his guitar skills (incredible). It was a benefit for the decriminalization of marijuana, and he sang a new song about his arrest (funny).

It was also one of the only nights that they allowed cameras and recorders into the open air, Backyard venue (Willie request, apparently) ... so I recorded the whole thing and made a CD (turned out great!).

Perfect Texas evening.

Happy Saturday, C.C. (JG - remember your Willie post while I was away last year - loved it!) :P

Hi C.C.
I dont know that Willie Nelson is ever off topic and yes, I remember. :) Another classic.
My best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#8 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

pdx = Pretty Damm eXciting person :lol:
jest aside, pdx is simply the 3 letter code for Portland International Airport,
something I can remember :lol:

And I thought is was "Party Dude X-tra-ordinaire!" How dim am I? :lol:

(and ... JG, thanks for link :)

Edited by calmcookie, 12 August 2007 - 06:17 PM.