• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

What a hoot!
Tulsan's are being treated to seeing a local, Scott Verplank, paired today with the world's best golfer.
ME?
I'm hitting the pool, then the air conditioner, and sipping some iced "tea".
You're not catching me standing around in 100+ degree heat, watching rich guys with sticks hit balls.

Woods, who is seeking his 13th major title and his second straight PGA Championship win, has a two-shot lead over hometown favorite Scott Verplank. The pair will tee off at 2 p.m.

MetLife blimp over my property.
If you want to know where Tiger is, follow the blimp!
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 August 2007 - 02:48 PM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

Great planning !! To hold a golf tournament in Tulsa, OK in mid-august! Not only it is hot, it is humid big time! They did the same thing when I lived in Chicagoland. The western open was held in July, which is the month I hated the most. But what a wonderful golf course...Cog Hill #4 course also known as Dubsdread. I have been lucky to play that course a few times since it is public. All you golfers do not miss to play it when you get a chance.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Guest_Dewey_*

Guest_Dewey_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

Speaking of Scott Verplank and the Western Open. He won it as an amateur 1985 in a playoff with Jim Thorpe. Go Scott!! Regretfully due to where I'm now living I can't watch this years PGA championship.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:53 AM

Local News Story
The PGA is Tulsa's Super Bowl, Final Four and Olympics all rolled into one.
So what's in it for Southern Hills? Bragging rights, for sure, but also maybe a big headache for members who pay a $50,000 start-up fee and $600 or so monthly -- according to one member -- only to lose their playing rights for weeks, deal with some traffic jams and watch thousands of non-members tramp around their creation.

Guess that $50Kcould be one reason you won't see me playing with Tiger.