Photo

Doom Talk In The Media

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Doom Talk In The Media

Do you follow the doom talk or effect your decision making in trading?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think the CURRENT headlines reflect the reality?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

I tried to be flexible with the poll, please choose the one that reflects your sentiment about the news in the media and headlines the best... BTW, the polarity is slowly picking up also on this board in between the bulls and bears, the indices must be near a turn... Thanks for your participation! - kisa

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

The only guy who said 'absolutely' must be the smartest on this board from a contrarian point of view. I guess the correct answers are 'absolutely' and 'Yes, after the fact.' for this poll, I personally failed! :lol:

Edited by kisacik, 12 August 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

How about: "Absolutely... contrarian!"

I always ask myself: "Is this old news being used to artificially move a stock?"

"Will this news cause a fundamental shift?"

A plane crash can cause an airline stock to briefly plummet, presenting a buying opportunity.
Terrorists crashing planes into the world's economic center may cause a fundamental shift.

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

The single best news tell is MarketWatch alerts. Whenever they feel it is important to advise me of some basically trivial move in the market, I know it's a fade. Last night, they let us know that the Nikkei opened up 24 ONLY TO DECLINE THEREAFTER. "Bulletin: Japan's Nikkei opens up 27.71 points, then slips into negative territory" I knew that the market was going to do well. No brainer. I've yet to have this indicator fail. I urge everyone to subscribe. They'll email you Bulletins about what they think is "important". None of it is, except as a fade. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter