Photo

Futures ramped up from the get go; LOB!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone, they ran the SPX futures up 6 points and the NDX futures up 9 points from the start of futures trading. IMHO, they're setting up the markets for the next sharp drop as early as Monday and/or on Tuesday and Wednesday. They are in a rush to dump out, i.e., distribute, the stock-index futures' contracts that they took into their day-to-day trading ST inventory on Friday's decline at the close of Friday's trading and then they will sell stock-index futures short prior to the next decline in order to profit from that decline when they cover their short sales. Cheers, :) Bob-C

Edited by Bob-C, 12 August 2007 - 06:34 PM.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

I think Monday will close up, then most likely decline at the middle of the week, flat friday. I would look to see if the gap up will be sold in the first hour to close the gap and trade long for the day and then perhaps sell short the close. If it rallies into the close, it should gap down for Tuesday at the opening, then we see...

#3 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

I think Monday will close up, then most likely decline at the middle of the week, flat friday. I would look to see if the gap up will be sold in the first hour to close the gap and trade long for the day and then perhaps sell short the close. If it rallies into the close, it should gap down for Tuesday at the opening, then we see...

Hi Kisa, nice to hear from you; thanks for your insights. :)

Cheers, ;)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#4 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

Monday up turns my daily mo to "buy."

#5 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

I would think a simple test of the 200 day would be a very good bet.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#6 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Monday up turns my daily mo to "buy."

Hi selecto, thanks for your insights and projection. ;)

Cheers, ;)

Bob-C

I would think a simple test of the 200 day would be a very good bet.

Hi cgnx, thanks for your insights. :)

Cheers, :)

Bob-C

#7 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

We will be UP tomorrow and Tuesday, possibly into Wednesday morning, before turning DOWN in earnest and a big plunge lasting a coouple of weeks. I agree with Hank's date in late Aug. for a LOW. A low to buy and hold!

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

It looks like a massive short squeeze... No mercy...

#9 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

Today, 01:58 PM Post #2 Member Group: TT Member+ Posts: 9097 Joined: 20-September 03 Member No.: 99 ...or we just absolutely rocket out of the gate and will be hard to even get long .....no need to raise cash if confidence is restored.... If this market gets back above 1500 and news media starts all the sweet talk again.....well....you know the story... ....

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

It is probably going to the 50 dma now...