Pit Bulls attack

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

The severity of this attack and the tenacity of the dogs involved, made me suspicious that one particular breed was involved.
I had to read almost the whole story to find out that I was correct in my educated assumption.
Meanwhile those vicious miniature horses are still illegal to own in the city, while pit bulls are ripping off the faces of little children.

Dog Attack Victim Urges Owners To Come Forward
“They just kept biting, biting and kept biting. It was the most terrifying thing I’ve even been through.”
Stout had to spend more than two days in the hospital after getting bitten more than 20 times. She can barely move from the pain of injuries that span her whole body and has to undergo skin grafts.
“There are puncture wounds on my right arm and hand. My left hand took the worst of it. There are 20 centimeters with lacerations,” she said.

"The dogs were at least partly pit bull."

Two other people were also attacked while trying to help the victim.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 04 January 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#52 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Little girl, who lost arm in DeKalb dog attack, saddled with nightmares
January 5, 2012

Nearly two years after two pitbulls mauled her, leading to the removal of her left arm below the elbow, 10-year-old Erin Ingram told a DeKalb County State Court jury Thursday she still has nightmares.
“It’s like my other arm is getting bitten off by other animals,” said Erin, her cherubic face the only visible area without scars from the attack. “It’s like it happens again.”

Erin said she spent a month in intensive care and another month in hospital rehab, she has endured 10 major surgeries with likely more to come.
“I had to relearn how to eat, to walk, to write, to do a lot of things,” Erin said.

Erin was attacked in March 2010 in front of her home while waiting to play basketball with friends after school.
As family members sobbed, Erin spoke shyly and clearly about her experiences. Soccer is her favorite sport, she said, because basketball is no longer an option with just one weakened arm.

Dog owner Twyann Vaughn has been charged with two counts each of reckless conduct, violation of the county’s vicious dog ordinance and failure to have the dogs immunized for rabies. She faces up to five years in prison if convicted.

Williams, D-Stone Mountain, proposed banning vicious dogs in Georgia in 2005 but couldn’t generate enough support for it.
A pending bill in the Georgia House calls for changing the animal cruelty laws, and could easily include language making it a felony for people who have dogs involved in an attack, Williams said.
“It should be a felony for owners not being responsible,” Williams said. “That will be good for all of Georgia.”

http://www.ajc.com/n...rm-1291183.html

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 January 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#53 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Home insurance: You may be in the doghouse if your dog is a blacklisted breed.

According to the Insurance Information Institute,
dog bites accounted for more than one-third of all homeowner’s insurance liability claims paid in 2010, totaling $412 million;
the average claim was $26,166.
Dog bites are the No. 5 reason for visits to the emergency room, and more than half of these bites occur on the dog owner’s property.

Insurers get ‘aggressive’

Foley says one of the home insurers he works with won’t extend coverage to a homeowner who owns a breed of dog that it classifies as “aggressive,” such as a pit bull. That information is spelled out in the insurer’s underwriting guidelines.

Deborah Becker, an agent for State Farm in Eau Claire, Wis., says she gains a lot of clients from other insurers because State Farm does not refuse coverage based on a dog’s breed. The exception is Ohio, which has determined that the pit bull meets the definition of a “vicious dog.” State Farm doesn’t provide home insurance coverage for owners of pit bulls in Ohio.

State Farm says it paid more than $90 million as a result of the nearly 3,500 dog bite claims it handled in 2010. California topped State Farm’s list of states with the most dog bites — 369, with a total payout of $11.3 million.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 January 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#54 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Here's some GOOD PIT BULL news: This baby's face was NOT ripped off!
Just scarred for life.
Posted Image

Family pet attacks infant
"Severe lacerations that started at the peak of the child’s head and continued in the cheek area, past the child's eye."

Walton described the dog as some sort of 'pit bull.'

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 February 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#55 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Pit Bull Kills Nellie Davis after Heart Transplant
Nellie Davis, 60, had moved into her granddaughter’s apartment to continue her recovery from a heart transplant, only to be mauled to death by one of the granddaughter’s Pit Bulls on Wednesday, September 25, 2012
“You have to understand, the scene was quite gruesome, Oklahoma City Police Captain Dexter Nelson told reporters. “The lady died a horrific death.”
Captain Nelson said the Pit Bull tried to attack medical responders and would not allow them to approach Ms. Davis’ body. Police officers were also fearful the dog would attack while they were trying to conduct an investigation of the scene, so they were forced to shoot and kill it.
STATE LEGISLATOR WANTS TOUGHER DOG-BITE LAW
Oklahoma State Representative Paul Wesselhoft announced that he wants to see a law passed that imposes tougher punishments for pit bull owners, after this week's deadly dog attack on Nellie Davis.. However, he fears it may take another death to get other lawmakers on board.
"It's a flawed animal."

Miami could require online 'dangerous dog' registry...
Dogs that attack people or other pets could very soon face the same fate as human sex offenders: Their names and photos could be posted on a Miami-Dade County online registry for everyone to see.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 October 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#56 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Mailman Bitten By Pit Bull In Frankfort
The victim suffered significant injuries due to the dog bites to his left forearm and legs.

Emergency personnel observed an approximate 3 inch by 3 inch piece of tissue ripped away from the victim's forearm. He also suffered multiple bite wounds around his wrist and left leg.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 October 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#57 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

It's not my dog!
That's what my neighbor said when another neighbor was almost killed by this vicious breed.
Of course they are not vicious until they attack.
In fact they are cute and playful, like a lion.
Posted Image

SAND SPRINGS — A Sand Springs man exiting his basement-level apartment was attacked by his upstairs neighbor’s pit bull on Tuesday, authorities said. Sheriff’s deputies are investigating the incident after another neighbor fatally stabbed the dog.

Jeremy Byrd, 31, was leaving his apartment in the 800 block of Long Street around 10:30 p.m. when his upstairs neighbor’s pit bull latched onto his left arm, said Tulsa County Sheriff’s Major Shannon Clark.

When Byrd was unable to free himself, he dragged himself and the dog to a neighboring house for help, Clark said.

The neighbor wrestled the dog off of Byrd and yelled for a female occupant of the home to bring some kitchen knives outside while he continued to restrain the dog, he told deputies.

The man then stabbed the dog multiple times and the dog died before authorities arrived, Clark said.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 March 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#58 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

You gotta love these people:

Posted Image
SAND SPRINGS -- A Sand Springs man was arrested Thursday after his pit bull reportedly attacked a neighbor earlier this week, according to Tulsa County Sheriff’s Major Shannon Clark.
Gary Brashears, 53, was arrested at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday on an “animal at large” complaint as well as 11 outstanding warrants, according to Clark.

#59 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

"GUN CONTROL" saves women's lives...again.

2 Women in extremely critical condition after dog attack
March 19, 2013
Responding officers found two injured women lying on the ground and a pit bull that had been fatally shot.
The women suffered “extensive dog bite wounds to their faces, arms and legs” and are in “extremely critical condition” at St. John Medical Center, Ashley said.

Mike Harrell said all of a sudden he heard this blood-curdling scream and went over to the area, where he found the large dog attacking a woman, another woman lying motionless on the ground and the dog’s owner screaming, all covered in blood.
He said he got behind a gate and yelled at the dog to get its attention. When it started to charge toward him, Harrell said he asked the owner if it was her dog and if he could shoot it. (We are so polite in Oklahoma) She said yes and he said he fired one round into its head.

"one round into its head"... that's my kind of gun control.
Thank goodness for Oklahoma's open carry laws.

If this was New York City, the hero would be in jail now.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 March 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#60 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Pack of pit bulls kills 200 goats...

Neighbors are on alert, hoping the rest of the pack is found soon.
“I have an American bulldog. I sure hate for her to get out and be sighted as a pit—which is a common mistake—and someone fire on our dog,” said Mount.
“One of my granddaughters was out here. She doesn’t have fear of anything, so we wanted to get her into the house,” said Don Mount.

There is nothing more fun to watch than a pack of pit bulls attacking the neighborhood.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Something very similar happened to my wife's car one day when she went to a friend's house to visit.
She barely got inside the car before the friend's pit bull quit chasing her and began attacking the car itself, leaving hundreds of dollars in damage!
I shudder to think of what damage might she have endured if the car had been locked.
The friend said that that had never happened before.
It only takes the first time.

This breed is dangerous.
After our neighbor was nearly killed by the pit bull across the street, now neighborhood joggers and walkers pack guns.
(At least while they still can.)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.