8 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

This part of my brain must be damaged.
How do you guys do it?
I can barely save a contact in my phone.

17 year old Hacker unlocks iPhone.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 August 2007 - 10:06 PM.

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

He doesn't strike me as your average kid. For one thing, he can afford to buy an IPOD and trash it playing with it. He didn't trash it, but he easily could have...but apparenlty has the cash to take the risk. Most kids don't have the cash. Secondly, all that electronics and programing skill is not common. Kids are good playing video games, moving modern versions of joy sticks around with mind numbing speed but that doesn't teach them programing and electronics. I think that kid is a bit rare. You noticed he wants to be some sort of brain sugeon. Work out the "programming" in the human mind. That's also not your averge kid.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

Thank goodness that I don't have to use a VCR anymore. I never could get that 12 to quit blinking. :lol:

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:04 PM

I think I heard a story about Steve Jobs being a hacker in college where he built boxes which would allow students to make free long distance calls.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

Biography of Steve Jobs
It was also in 1974 that Steve Jobs again with Steve Wozniak at his side embarked on a business venture that was somewhat unethical, to put it mildly. The two had heard about phone phreakers (people who used the telephone networks illegally to make long-distance calls and to collect personal information among other things) who in the 1960s used a modified toy whistle to make illegal long-distance calls. These phreakers discovered that the toy whistle, which came included in the box of a popular breakfast cereal, could reproduce the tone used by the AT&T Long Distance Telephone Company to allow supervisors to access their networks. This trick was popularized by John Draper and after meeting with him in 1974, Jobs and Wozniak set out to establish a company that sold what came to be known as “blue boxes” to allow users to make free, unlimited long distance calls.

What goes around comes around. :lol:

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

:D If anyone thinks that will hurt the sale of the iPhone, you better rethink. :lol: In fact, maybe the kid had some help ...................... :ninja: no, no ,not in the cell phone competition world. :rolleyes: :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

I had all my best ideas when I was 17. Now I forgot them. :(

#8 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

:D When I was 17 I had all my best....................... :blush: :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#9 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

Why do they even bother?