Monday

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:02 PM

I have a gap-up signature for Monday. This is crazy !. They are killing us daytraders. 75% of the market actions happens on gap-up/down and 30-minutes after the opening. The rest of the day, you sit and watch the monitor. LOL. I wan't my trending market back.... :cry: We may have seen the ST bottom right here at the close, based on my hourly indicators. TWT

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

Different styles I guess, but this is perfect for what I do. Love, these type days. Have a good weekend, NAV

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

weekly, FWIW

Posted Image

#4 hadman

hadman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

Im new to Tech analysis but heres my take on QQQQ

I see a retracement from the H&S breakout (this is normal) and a trendline support from the climatic reversal day. Lets see if it holds. I appreciate any comments!

Posted Image

#5 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

This is crazy !. They are killing us daytraders. 75% of the market actions happens on gap-up/down and 30-minutes after the opening. The rest of the day, you sit and watch the monitor. LOL.

I feel the same way. :wacko:

#6 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

Why not get a head start by trading minis in globex?

#7 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

I have a gap-up signature for Monday. This is crazy !. They are killing us daytraders. 75% of the market actions happens on gap-up/down and 30-minutes after the opening. The rest of the day, you sit and watch the monitor. LOL. I wan't my trending market back.... :cry:

We may have seen the ST bottom right here at the close, based on my hourly indicators. TWT

NAV, by any chance is your gap-up signature influenced by what seems to have been a rather obvious short covering rally (in the futures) in the last minutes of trading or do you disregard the futures? Just trying to understand what you're looking at and make sure that "signature" isn't a forgery. ;)

TIA,

Bullshort

#8 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

Nav,

We trade futures, we can be there overnight if we want. At about 1am, I put a er2 short on with a somewhat tight stop and even though I cam dangerously close to being hit, the thing paid off nicely.

I plan to do the same on the long side on Sunday night....

although i must admit, they hit those stops often and sometimes it drives me crazy. I am sure you been there/done that, but pointing out that we have the maximum flexibility. A year ago, I would dread gaps and now they are just part of the flow - dont even show up on the charts :)

Im new to Tech analysis but heres my take on QQQQ

thats correct, the inverse H&S is still in play - I am still not thrilled about leadership and I think we shaved off a bit more than we should have, but its salvageable. I feel Monday will be an up day, but I am not certain about the prospect of this rally.

Your charts are too big btw, throwing off the scrolling here.
“be right and sit tight”

#9 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

it would look nicer with another thrust up - but we dont always get what we want... shouldnt make it all the way back to the top of the channel, if it does, tho. klh
best,
klh

#10 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

we dont always get what we want...

...but if we try, sometimes we get what we need. :)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds