Efficient Market Hypothesis Joke

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DonBart

DonBart

• Traders-Talk User
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

How many efficient market theorists it takes to change a light bulb? Answer: None. If the light bulb needed changing the market would have already done it. :lol:

#2 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

Does it make any difference if they are blonds? Best joke I'ver heard in a while.... thanks TM

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

How many blonds does it take to change a light bulb .... only one .... she holds it in the socket and waits for the world to revolve around her

what do you call a blonde with one brain cell .... gifted
What do you call a blonde with two brain cells .... pregnant
What is a blond with brunette died hair .... artificial intelligence

A blonde was very upset at all the dumb blonde jokes she was constantly hearing. She decided that she would learn all the state capitals in an effort to defend blondes everywhere. She went home and spent the entire evening learning them all.
The next day, someone at her office told a dumb blonde joke and she immediately retorted, "Hey ... I bet I know something that ALL of you don't know. I know ALL of the state capitals which proves that not all blondes are dumb."
The people in her office were somewhat dubious. One of her co-workers finally asked, "Ok ... what's the capital of Texas?"
To which she smugly replied, "T."

A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer.
She says she is a stock broker who going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.
The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce.

The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title, and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan joking that if she trades like she borrows money she probably isn't very successful.

An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Rolls into the bank's round garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are not only a multi-millionaire, but one of the most successful stock brokers in the city. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

The blonde replies....."Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 September 2007 - 11:59 PM.