Photo

Cruise the Mediterranean for $45 per day?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

http://easycruise.com/

This is tempting. Very tempting.
I heard about it on Clark Howard's radio show. ( Same place I heard about MagicJack)
I priced it for a 7 day Mediterranean cruise and it was as low as $45 USD per day per person, double occupancy!

It is essentially a floating hotel where you are at port for 21 hours and then mosey on to the next port.
Meals are available on board though not included.
You have a floating hotel room just offshore in areas where rooms normally cost outrageous amounts.

A guy can dream can't he?
Posted Image

From ClarkHoward.com

Feb 10, 2006 -- "Easy" empire offers cruise deals! About year and a half ago, Clark talked about a discount cruise line that started up in Europe called EasyCruise. The company does Mediterranean cruises at about a fifth of what they would normally cost. And the company is now sailing in the Caribbean, with stops in spots like St. Lucia, Barbados and Martinique. The costs are per night/per cabin and some nights are as cheap as $12 a night. That’s for two people sharing a cabin! Most cruises cost at least $100 per person, per night. These are very basic ships with the noticeable orange everywhere. And food and drink are not included. But if you want to visit these destinations and stay for less, this is your ticket. You have a floating hotel room just offshore in areas where rooms normally cost outrageous amounts. You are at port for 21 hours and then you mosey on to the next spot. EasyCruise will be docked in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, in addition to its Mediterranean ports, according to recent news reports. There are also Easy flights, hotel rooms, Internet cafes and cell phone deals.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:59 PM

Another bargain below :lol:

Fire Sale on Luxury Homes

http://www.cnbc.com/id/20772628

That med cruise is bare bones. Go to Vactionstogo.com to find
regular cruise bargains where you get all the gourmet meals you
can eat, live entertainment nightly and other goodies for $75/day.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

pavlustravel.com Just booked a 10 day tour of spain for my family for winter break. 10% discount right off trafalgar prices, 5% for repeat customers.. I've found them to be cheaper than vacationstogo.com, and since they're both booking agents, price is all that matters.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

I don t think Easycruise goes to Mykonos by the way, as you have put up a photo of hte island! Even though the island rocks :P I think the boat sails alongside the French Riviera. Not a bad route, though the cabins are tiny. If you don t have a prblem with that then it s not a bad idea. But, if you are coming all the way from the states then I wouldn t suggested it.

#5 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:09 AM

http://easycruise.com/

This is tempting. Very tempting.
I heard about it on Clark Howard's radio show. ( Same place I heard about MagicJack)
I priced it for a 7 day Mediterranean cruise and it was as low as $45 USD per day per person, double occupancy!

It is essentially a floating hotel where you are at port for 21 hours and then mosey on to the next port.
Meals are available on board though not included.
You have a floating hotel room just offshore in areas where rooms normally cost outrageous amounts.

A guy can dream can't he?
Posted Image

From ClarkHoward.com

Feb 10, 2006 -- "Easy" empire offers cruise deals! About year and a half ago, Clark talked about a discount cruise line that started up in Europe called EasyCruise. The company does Mediterranean cruises at about a fifth of what they would normally cost. And the company is now sailing in the Caribbean, with stops in spots like St. Lucia, Barbados and Martinique. The costs are per night/per cabin and some nights are as cheap as $12 a night. That’s for two people sharing a cabin! Most cruises cost at least $100 per person, per night. These are very basic ships with the noticeable orange everywhere. And food and drink are not included. But if you want to visit these destinations and stay for less, this is your ticket. You have a floating hotel room just offshore in areas where rooms normally cost outrageous amounts. You are at port for 21 hours and then you mosey on to the next spot. EasyCruise will be docked in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, in addition to its Mediterranean ports, according to recent news reports. There are also Easy flights, hotel rooms, Internet cafes and cell phone deals.

Roger, apparently this is one bug party. Young people drunk who knows maybe drugs, on a floating party. Its a reaction to the discount market I think, students and budget travellers. I was going to go on it with my friends.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.