Top Investment Idea(s)--Weekend Review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

Thanks JB/hiker....I'd be neglectful if I didn't mention I have taken you up on several ideas and made money through the year(s).

Again, these stocks will work and work handsomely in a peak oil environmnet. There's volatility and risk but the rewards are potentially enormous. Also, BOTH of these stocks are relatively unfollowed by institutions--especially HOC.TO!

Cirrus,

I know you are a long timer, and a VERY respected poster here! Like I said, I own the stock and feel it is a good one (or I wouldn't own it).

My problem was more the manner in which you presented it seemed out of line with the TOS (yes, I know that's not my job).

Roger put it well in his reply. You should get a pass!! My MAIN problem was with the FORM of your post and concern that it MAY give encouragement for those who tout and that can ruin a board in NO time...or at least make managing this board that much harder.

Please, take NO offense !!

No offense taken. Most on this board that share a pick or two do so infrequently. I know hiker has shared some outstanding picks in the past. Actually someone, I can't remember who, posted ASYS a week or two ago and it's another pick that I really like with a beautiful chart that I think is going higher. There's not a lot of riff-raff here touting stocks so we really don't have to worry here. When that stuff does happen it's dealt with quickly. I do occasionally post picks here--perhaps a few times a month at the most. I only post what I think are my best ideas. My picks are almost never small/micro cap stocks where follow on buying would have any impact on price. I sometimes post my picks as or just before I buy them myself. I base my picks off charting and usually macro/fundamental analysis. The reason I post picks here is because there are many outstanding traders on this board and I really enjoy seeing their good ideas/picks posted every once in while--it's called sharing ideas. No reason why we can't profit from each others work.