Bottoming

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:30 AM

NASDAQ has been going straight up as predicted. And what is important, it has been doing it while semiconductors going down. In fact SMH is down 1.25% today. SMH is in the bottoming process, which means when it starts to go up, NASDAQ will run a lot faster. Denleo

#2 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

Looks like most agree. As I type PCRATIO is .614, PCRATIO-stocks is .559, PCRATIO-ISE is .522 and PCRATIO-Philadelphia Exchange is .455.

#3 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

Just remember. I called the top right here.

#4 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:53 AM

Looks like most agree. As I type PCRATIO is .614, PCRATIO-stocks is .559, PCRATIO-ISE is .522 and PCRATIO-Philadelphia Exchange is .455.

Just like 1998 - 1999. Exhuberant sentiment + underperforming Advance / Decline line = Huge gains.

Denleo

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

many things can be pointed to depeding on ones bias I suppose. I am looking things that are objectively measureable. for instance the spread being paid on put options is very high and one would think this is bullish. The fact is when this has occurred in the past it presaged large declines. This can be intepreted as smart money paying up to make profits or just a drying up of buying power either way large declines followed. Volume ratios are very telling also. dollars in bear funds very low, blah, blah, blah.

#6 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:02 AM

I don't like low put call though. We might have to pull back here to reload on the bears, before it continues marching up. As for semiconductors specificaly I think INTC will post very decent results and it will help the sector.

Edited by ogm, 09 October 2007 - 11:03 AM.

#7 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

Maybe, maybe not. That was then, this is now. There have been a couple of people posting here and in other places who think that they are absolutely alone on the entire face of the earth......i.e., that they are the only ones....I mean the ONLY ones who are bullish. Every bearish post means that everybody else is bearish. Well the recent buying spree and the Put-Calls tell an entirely different story.

#8 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

funny people thinking they are the only ones who are bullish. silly actually. Objectively look at the money in internet and other tech funds and the very low levels in bear funds. very low levels of cash in mutual funds, etc. speculation, speculation. when will they learn. we've become a manic nation always looking for the quick fix and we don't want to deal with problems now......... push them off into the future or just ignore them and pretend they don't exist. reality will soon set in.

#9 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

I've been leaning bearish since the high made on Sept 19th....we are up a whopping 18 spx points as I type since that high three weeks ago. Originally I was bearish to 1475 and still am....but now feel we could get much lower than that. Bearish short term, 2 to 3 weeks....still very bullish long term. fwiw.

#10 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

....we've become a manic nation always looking for the quick fix and we don't want to deal with problems now......... push them off into the future or just ignore them and pretend they don't exist. reality will soon set in.

There you go with whining again...

http://www.youtube.c...earch=Godfather