ALCOA Earnings Calamity

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:50 PM

That's it, you are going on my ignore list.

Income does not belong on a balance sheet!

Sorry, that I am even responding to this nonsense.

Alas, it was just a nice contribution to the balance sheet.

#12 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

Income does not belong on a balance sheet!

Straw-man time.

Can you not grasp the simple concept that an item of income, say a $1.8 billion one-time gain from the sale of Chalco, will not affect Alcoa's reported GAAP earnings per share but will affect the total assets and therefore the balance sheet of Alcoa? And that said treatment is mandatory?

Which would be why I said "Alas, it was just a nice contribution to the balance sheet."

I suspect that it now crystal-clear to anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of accounting that you don't have a single clue. Which perhaps explains the initial totally ridiculous post claiming that Alcoa had a loss and not a profit of $555 million for the quarter.

My absolute refutation of your silly "analysis" of AA's earnings still stands and will stand for all time, because it ain't possible tor refute it.

you are going on my ignore list.

Ah, yes, the last refuge of those who can't possibly make their case.

I'd be proud to be on the list of any nut-ball in these precincts. I wouldn't want reason or logic to seep anywhere unnecessarily or unexpectedly.

In case you haven't noticed, when I have the time and interest, I take exception to garbage when it's posted on a board I don't want to see dragged down by idiotic threads about conspirazoid nut-ball theories, assumptions or suppositions. This was a good example.