• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

gannman, I am sorry that you were offended. But may be you should follow my M.O. I have been made plenty fun of based on my accent, my country of origin, blah blah blah. I just ignore the ignorent and move on. There are too many classy Americans around to be offended by some stupid & ignorent minority. And I don't mean to imply Youmast is one of them at all. May be you just misunderstood his intent. Just give him the benefit of doubt. And then laugh all the way to your bank.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

To make my point more clear... I just logged on my daugher's email. Psss... it's a secret!

Here's how my Russian kid talks to her American friends in school. I'm sick of ebonics. :bones:

we're n 7-1.
also, can u believe that ....... is n our section??? ugh. and, u nevr kno. last year, purpl was split up and ur purpl so maybe it'll b the same this year. maybe we still hav a chance!!!!! but as long as we're n da same group (like u know how we wer w/ green last year), it wont b so bad.

#13 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

Good points Yuri and Dasein. People should be able to take a joke. Nobody wants to offend anyone here. Denleo

#14 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

I must say that I too was offended though I am not a person of color. The term "Ebonics" specifically refers to black people. I assumed that Youmast did not understand the racist implications of what he posted because he is not a native English speaker. But I absolutely understand why Gann was offended. And now that I have read some of the responses people have posted to Gann, I think that the injury has been made worse.

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

Linguistic humor has to be done with insight into the vernacular and the accents. If you don't have it, you probably shouldn't try it. I just wasn't clear how to handle an insult that wasn't actually getting to it's mark without making sure it did. Youmast, as a cunning linguist, take my word for it, you're not going where you think you're going. That's not where you want to go either. And I don't want you to go where you think you WERE going. So, maybe you ought to just bask in the light of a good call and be gracious.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter