• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

Highly doubt it. The PPT came AFTER the '87, crashette.

Some day, all the jawboning and money-pumpin' of the PPT won't be effective...when the world has given up on the $USD. Until then, the PPT will backstop every decline before really negative sentiment sets in.

PPT is NOT the one pumping liquidity into the market. Following excerpt
tells you how..

<<<"So it looks like about $15.4 trillion in bank assets and liabilities is being backed up by a minuscule $40.2 billion! That's a microscopic 0.0026%. A quarter of 1%! Hahahaha! Fractional reserve banking at its finest! Hahahaha!"

Total Fed Credit expanded only $2.0 billion last week, taking the total to $861.6 billion. Not much of an increase, and sure enough, Doug Noland says, "Fed Credit has increased $9.4bn y-t-d and $31.9bn over the past year (3.8%)." Almost nothing, considering their record!

So the money to finance the world's bull markets is coming from someplace else. Hmmm! >>>

How about China, Japan, OPEC and others holding humongous US dollars and buying stocks instead
of Treasuries?

Edited by pdx5, 12 October 2007 - 10:58 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

we already have 10-15 % correction. Where have you been?

he just came out of hibernation, I guess...

#13 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:07 AM

Didn't we already have the Oct crash yesterday ? It's over now. LOL.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#14 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:58 AM

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT THE ANSWER YOU WERE LOOKING FOR - ABSOLUTELY NO ONE AT ALL PREPARED FOR A CRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#15 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

we already have 10-15 % correction. Where have you been?

I'm talking about the overall broad market here at this point. Not your portfolio...

Barry

#16 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

[quote name='pdx5' date='Oct 12 2007, 08:55 PM' post='321035'] [quote name='HoseB' post='321002' date='Oct 12 2007, 07:09 PM']

How about China, Japan, OPEC and others holding humongous US dollars and buying stocks instead
of Treasuries? [/quote]
This statement does not make sense.....Why would they buy US stocks if China stocks are going up 100% a year?.....Do you have facts to back this up?
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#17 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:01 PM

The current market dynamics are not even close to being the same as they were 20 years ago, no less, in 1929.
Fib

I agree. The conditions are greatly different from 87. Interest rates are low and the market P/E is in a good area. This was not the case in 87.

Rich

The really scary thing is that after all that decline and Crash in 87, the Dow had something like a 6% gain on the year!

No comparison. None.

Besides, the 50-hour SME will have to be broken befor we can crash...

:lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#18 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:41 PM

There doesn't necassarily have to be a "crash" for the ball to start rolling back downhill again. A lot depends on how fast the long term rates rise. If enough start moving out of equities to pursue longer term bonds.... What's that expression about the frogs in a pot of water slowly coming to a boil? I'm just glad this area isn't a part of my trading concerns.

Edited by milbank, 13 October 2007 - 05:45 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#19 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:33 AM

[quote name='traderpaul' date='Oct 13 2007, 11:25 AM' post='321073']
[quote name='pdx5' date='Oct 12 2007, 08:55 PM' post='321035'] [quote name='HoseB' post='321002' date='Oct 12 2007, 07:09 PM']

of Treasuries? [/quote]
This statement does not make sense.....Why would they buy US stocks if China stocks are going up 100% a year?.....Do you have facts to back this up?
[/quote]

It was all over the news that China is setting up a multi-Billion outfit
entrusted to invest in foreign equities. The Chinese gov't is well aware
of the bubble in Shanghai market. They are actually trying to reign it
in a little. Also, why would the Chinese invest FOREIGN MONEY RESERVES
in the local market? I think they are just tired of buying Treasuries which pay
back in falling dollar. US equities OTOH go up as dollar falls.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule