..here ARE the customer's yachts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikehb

mikehb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:12 AM

just a comment.....does it seem to bother anyone else..that despite all the whining about inflation..national debt..credit card debt..this debt that debt..subprime this subprime that ..that Mister Market just keeps going up and up and up and....i am NOT short anything.....(maybe a little but not much) but whats up with it so easy to make money in the market since early 2003?..what?...is it programmed to never go down again?..whaaaaat?...where else can you make such a return without lifting a finger..where?..buy the SPY or a like item and thats it?...is something wrong here....why work?...just buy and sell off a little when you need the $$$..this is just a whimsical obervation...maybe the yachts have finally reached port..should it be THIS easy??..is it so tilted (ie rigged)????

#2 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

just a comment.....does it seem to bother anyone else..that despite all the whining about inflation..national debt..credit card debt..this debt that debt..subprime this subprime that ..that Mister Market just keeps going up and up and up and....

From a CAD point of view it looks like the only way to be involved in American markets
is as a leveraged trader or brilliant stock picker. (find both on this board) LT investing in the broad american market looks like you just end up with the wrong poker chips.

spx and gold in CAD

Also see denleo's recent posts

#3 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

Its Never Easy. Even if the Dow goes to 20,000 in the next couple of years most(so called traders) will not perticipate. You need to ask yourself a question if you trade individual Stocks, Did I make money on Aapl, Goog, or Rimm over the last couple of years? If not... Why? Look at the charts its so Easy ;)

#4 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:10 PM

Its Never Easy. Even if the Dow goes to 20,000 in the next couple of years most(so called traders) will not perticipate. You need to ask yourself a question if you trade individual Stocks, Did I make money on Aapl, Goog, or Rimm over the last couple of years? If not... Why? Look at the charts its so Easy ;)

mikehb is seeing "Mr Market" go up and up and asks can it be that easy.
Because I spend an outside currency to buy Mr Market I see something else.
I did not buy $SPX last January when it peaked. I would have lost my freakin shirt.
Goog breakeven ,AAPL RIMM wunnerful.

So now (from my CAD point of view) SPX is either consolidating before continuing
the downward trend or a base is being built.

Which trend is my friend?

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

just a comment.....does it seem to bother anyone else..that despite all the whining about inflation..national debt..credit card debt..this debt that debt..subprime this subprime that ..that Mister Market just keeps going up and up and up and....i am NOT short anything.....(maybe a little but not much) but whats up with it so easy to make money in the market since early 2003?..what?...is it programmed to never go down again?..whaaaaat?...where else can you make such a return without lifting a finger..where?..buy the SPY or a like item and thats it?...is something wrong here....why work?...just buy and sell off a little when you need the $$$..this is just a whimsical obervation...maybe the yachts have finally reached port..should it be THIS easy??..is it so tilted (ie rigged)????

>should it be THIS easy??..<......lolol......if it was easy then how come only the smallest minority are doing it...... :lol: ....simple.....most people get nose bleed very easy...... ;)

#6 endisnear

endisnear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

I suppose the national debt could go from 9 to 20 trillion while the Dow goes from 14000 to 20000....and dollar loses another third of its value, does that mean we are any richer?

If so, I'll just go max out my AMEX card and at least I'll feel rich.. :(