INTC blew away the numbers.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

PC market is booming, INTC forecasting growth and margin expansion. Trading at near its 52 week high in AH now. Will probably take it out tomorrow. I hope you guys are long the Nasdaq ;)

#2 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

PC market is booming, INTC forecasting growth and margin expansion.

Trading at near its 52 week high in AH now. Will probably take it out tomorrow.

I hope you guys are long the Nasdaq ;)

Yahoo up too, weak dollar strong worldwide economy means multinationals beat. I am bullish for this earnings season but after that.....

But that is later today is today.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:36 PM

Yahoo up too, weak dollar strong worldwide economy means multinationals beat. I am bullish for this earnings season but after that.....

But that is later today is today.

IBM had good numbers too. The stock is a bit bloated, though.

Otherwise the tech sector delivers across the board. Should be a broad advance on the Naz tomorrow.
INTC trading above 52 week highs now.

Edited by ogm, 16 October 2007 - 03:36 PM.

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

since those are NDX components and QQQQ is trading as high as 53.43 tonight -

FWIW, I have seen some size sellers YHOO 29.31 to .50

Posted Image

Edited by hiker, 16 October 2007 - 04:12 PM.

#5 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

Beating earnings by a penny(3%) and revenue by about 4% hardly seems "blow away", but, from the look of the size orders on the ask, it's giving institutions a chance to take profits-always a good thing.

#6 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

since those are NDX components and QQQQ is trading as high as 53.43 tonight -

FWIW, I have seen some size sellers YHOO 29.31 to .50

Posted Image

Good trading as always. I think that earnings will continue to surprise based on the global environment. Apple earnings are really going to be the ones to take the cake imho. It is going to make yhoo and intel look like a little drop in a big ocean.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

Beating earnings by a penny(3%) and revenue by about 4% hardly seems "blow away", but, from the look of the size orders on the ask, it's giving institutions a chance to take profits-always a good thing.

Yeah, yeah the world is is ending :)

I think you missed blow out margins on INTC. And guidance for even better margins next quarter. That was the concern with the stock last quarter and it got a whole bunch of downgrades and didn't move anywhere for 3 month as everyone said that its margins are under pressure and will get worse.

#8 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, yeah the world is is ending :)

I think you missed blow out margins on INTC. And guidance for even better margins next quarter. That was the concern with the stock last quarter and it got a whole bunch of downgrades and didn't move anywhere for 3 month as everyone said that its margins are under pressure and will get worse.

I know the world is ending, as you basically sited that as a reason just yesterday for the need for another big interest rate cut. :D I merely stated an observation that I saw large sell orders, in the range of 120-160K on the ask. With the revenue up so high, and the margins so great-wonder why they didn't make more than a 1 cent gain on estimates? To be honest, when I look at a chart of the $SOX, I find it a bit hard to get amped up here.

Edited by thespookyone, 16 October 2007 - 06:37 PM.

#9 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

The market is clueless or it chooses to remain clueless about a lot of things, or perhaps it's just a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. For instance, how could Wall Street allow itself to be ensnared in its own pile of asset backed securities?

It's is the same case with Intel. This is not a growth company: its growth and earnings peaked in 1990's. For all that is much ballyhooed about its current quarter, its current results are just on par with 2005.

Posted Image

Edited by linrom1, 16 October 2007 - 08:48 PM.

#10 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

Hmm.... first of all making statements like "market is clueless.. I'm right. market is wrong" .... will not make you any money. Second. How much cash did INTC generate since 2005 ? Cashflow matters. There is your growth. Never forget the cashflow , dividends and share buybacks. INTC is a steady cash generator with the business in a cyclical upswing. And its GROWING the SHAREHOLDER VALUE quite significantly.

Edited by ogm, 16 October 2007 - 09:26 PM.